InWorldz is shutting down!!

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Gaudin Himmel
Has thanked: 0

InWorldz is shutting down!!

Post by Gaudin Himmel »

InWorldz will be shutting down in July 27th by the look of it permanently. For you that can access it, here is the notice
https://inworldz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... f-InWorldz
Ilan Tochner

Re: InWorldz is shutting down!!

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Inworldz were forced into this decision by a very bad turn of events. It's devastating to be forced to close down your business due to a third party's actions. They have our sympathies.

This is also very unfortunate for all the people who have called that grid their home. I hope they decide to move to the OpenSim Hypergrid and not give up on virtual worlds as a result. In any case, they are welcome here. I'm sure the Kitely community will embrace those of them who decide to join us.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 11):
Robert StanleySue CaxtonSelby EvansLucy BrownMichael TimelessShandon LoringAlexina ProctorMin TigerpawCapitan TrippsCecil Gudkov and one more user
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

To all ex Inworldz people I know : this is a horrible thing that happened. For people wo are exploring in search of a new home here in Kitely, im offering at my world some prims and a humble home , and a start up to customize your avatar ( modern and historical looks for RP) . My IW name : Trouble Mooncurser.

For people with questions: please IM me. Happy to help out.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 8):
Ilan TochnerSue CaxtonSelby EvansRobert StanleyMichael TimelessAlexina ProctorContessa LacombeTanya Matahari
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Although IW isn't my home these days, it's where I got my start and holds a special place in my heart. They community has so far managed to raise just over 13,000 via the GoFundMe that was set up. (I believe Beth updated the initial post with a GFM link in it) If they can pull it off I think it's fantastic. It's also great that there are so many options for grids these days. Still sad though to leave a place you have set as home.
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post:
Contessa Lacombe
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

She is also now talking about changing it to something else. There is a lot of concern over what happens to IP rights if she does that. I have a feeling the whole story is not yet known.
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

From what i have understood is they will set up a new grid and using the donations for that. For people who want to read news about this :

See their discord https://discord.gg/svjBh5V
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessRobert Stanley
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

I wish some refugees of that world would try places like this. I think it would be a eyeopener at how well the worlds run. How smooth the performance is. How strong the permissions work in spite of some misinformation that has floated around for years.

People like Touble make the world fun with the fishing contests, room to sail, etc. And that is just one person.. there are many more.

The Market is incredibly efficent and I can verify without a shadow of a doubt, when I sent some items over to my metro region all arrived with perms perfectly in tact.

So Kitely is Stable, has fast performance and is one heck of a value at the prices for the worlds offered. My only gripe is that if I ever get into a heated discussion someday, I can't just stomp off to my region. I instead have to say my peace then stand there like a dummy while my world loads.. :lol: That I think is why ILan made it that way.. just to bug me that way. :P

InWorldz users, if you read this thread, please know that you will be welcome here. Feel free to look me up if you need anything I can help with. Mostly it will result in me wisecracking and goofing off.. but I think my heart is in the right place. :mrgreen:

OpenSim is awesome.. and Kitely is on top of the pyramid in innovation and market and performance imho. Imagine the fun and juice that would be added if you came here. BTW My region, Cartmel is open for you to land at and get assimilated. Feel free to go in the house to change or just test how smooth it all is. BUild is on, so be nice. :P You deserve to know what life is like outside the walled gardens.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 7):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessDot MatrixAlexina ProctorSelby EvansContessa LacombeGenavieve Page
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

For many years InWorldz was the only place I had my buildings after I left Second Life and gave up that account. I'm extremely fortunate that in 2016 I made the transition to OS grids and had exported all of my creations from IW to my pc. I feel really sad for all of the creators who didn't do that. I feel sympathy and compassion for all of those people who have tons of hours and money wrapped up in their creations, regions and inventory purchases. I can't even imagine how angry and heartbroken they are. I know there are a lot of people who've had multiple regions that they've been working on for years with things that they didn't or couldn't save to their pc's. Since IW is a stand-alone grid it's going to mean that a lot of things will be lost forever. I just feel fortunate that I moved to OS grids before this happened and that I had months and months to make the transition. The IW users had such short notice, not enough time to save all of the things that they were even able to export. They have my sincere sympathies. It's really devastating news for them. Among other losses there are people who have friends who they only know in game, there are a lot of folks that will lose contact with friends they've known for a long time and they won't know where to find them again. I'm sending out my thoughts to all of those people who are losing so much and don't have any control over it. :(
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 7):
Robert StanleyTrouble AheadSelby EvansContessa LacombeMichael TimelessTanya MatahariGenavieve Page
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I just went to their Discord chat and asked if their new grid would be OS or stand alone and they said stand alone. That's too bad because creators like me who have their products in OS grids won't be able to easily replace lost items.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 3):
Robert StanleyMichael TimelessTanya Matahari
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

The closed garden becomes a beacon of claustrophobia once one steps out into OpenSim and learn how to hypergrid, etc.

Closed grids keep their people because they tie a noose around them and hold them back from growing by keeping them in the pockets of those grids.

It is the difference of being locked to earth while you can be exploring the universe. imho
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post:
Michael Timeless