A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Robert Stanley

A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Post by Robert Stanley »

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else. I saw this today reviewing Kitely Market rules, procedures:

Don't sell other people's "freebie" content in the Kitely Market. Products which are provided by their creators for free outside the Kitely Market are not allowed to be sold in the Kitely Market even if those products are licensed in a way which permits people to sell them.

Are Eloh Elliot released PSD files considered no sell items since they were released free? I don't mean sold as is or as templates, but as skins derived from them or parts of them. So, say Eloh's body with enhancements and maybe my own face made from scratch or her's with modifications.

Sorry if that is confusing.. I am on some meds that make me foggy sometimes. lol.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Re: A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Robert,

For those who don't know, you're referring to this: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... l+Property

Please note that it states that "You are allowed to sell "freebie" content which is licensed for use in Kitely if it is designed to be used as a building component and your augmentation adds clear value to it - the product you sell can't be just a minor tweak of other people's "freebie" content."

In other words, you can use a properly licensed freebie skin as a basis of something you sell in Kitely Market if what you sell is sufficiently different from the freebie you derived it from.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Robert StanleyTanya MatahariMichael Timeless
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Hi ILan.
Thank you, that clears it up for me. I was a little confused on the matter. :)
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post:
Chris Namaste
Mystiminx Firehawk
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mystiminx Firehawk »

Another question about market rules... I know there is a minimum sales price so you can't actually do freebies, but is it against rules if I make a sample textured version of the for sale item and use that as a demo and promote it as a free gift? that might sound confusing but if you need I can provide a link so you can see how I listed it.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mystiminx,

Kitely Market has built-in demo items support so you can, if you want, give "DEMO" branded items for free. Please note, however, that demo items can't be delivered to non-Kitely avatars and they can't be added from people's inventories to their own Kitely Market product listings.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless