Looking for ice skates

Post requests for goods or services
Lucy Brown

Looking for ice skates

Post by Lucy Brown »

Hello everyone,

I would like to build an ice rink on my land , does anyone have any full perm skates with AO's available? I had some in SL but can't find anything here other than non trans ones which since i want it to be for anyone I need some skates to give away.

These users thanked the author Lucy Brown for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteFreda Frostbite
Tanya Matahari

Re: Looking for ice skates

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Hi Lucy, I am pretty new here, but working on it. Skating is my "thing" - I do outfits for ice and roller skating, and did a free dispenser of basic skates for ice rink owners in InWorldz for the last 8 years. My problem at the moment is getting the AO to work reliably across the different grids - I am no scripter, unfortunately. What I have is working just fine in Discovery Grid, but at present in Kitely I get big red script errors that I don't understand. :?

Need some time to investigate - please free to establish contact in-world and I'll let you know how I get on.
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerLucy Brown
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tanya,

What does the script error say exactly?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Tanya MatahariChris NamasteLucy Brown
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Hi Ilan, it was something about "insufficient permissions" I think - I will try it again and record it exactly. Thanks for responding!
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post:
Lucy Brown
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, I'll need you to quote the error message in order for me to be able to tell you what it means.

Also, please let me know which world you're trying to use this script in. There are various script functions that are only allowed to be run by the world's owner. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Tanya Matahari
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Hi Ilan, the world is Godewind, which I share with its owner, Elin Egoyan. Here is the script error message.

[03:49] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptException: OSSL Runtime Error: osSetSpeed permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.OSSLError (System.String msg) [0x00010] in <fd686652600040b8a013de8e78ed5c2c>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.CheckThreatLevel (OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.Interfaces.ThreatLevel level, System.String function) [0x0002a] in <fd686652600040b8a013de8e78ed5c2c>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.CheckThreatLevel(OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.Interfaces.ThreatLevel,string)
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.osSetSpeed (System.String UUID, OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.LSL_Types+LSLFloat SpeedModif

Obviously the skates need to be able to work for everyone, and anywhere. I'm hoping to do the free ones that Lucy would like, and also a premium version to be listed for sale on the Market, alongside my skating outfits.

Thanks again for swift response.
Lucy Brown
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tanya,

The error means that the avatar that owns the script doesn't have sufficient permissions to run the osSetSpeed function that the script includes. As explained in the link I sent you, osSetSpeed is only permitted for the World Manager, which in the case of Godewind world is only Elin Egoyan.

Different grids set different permissions for different script functions. osSetSpeed is considered a potentially high threat function as it can be used to grief people, and thus is often limited to only certain people in the grid (often to region owners or parcel owners). You'll need to take these OSSL script permissions into consideration when you design items that you wish to be able to run on all grids.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteLucy Brown
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Apologies for being a little slow on this. There is a range of Linda Kellie skates on my freebie region Stuff. They're in the shoe shop directly ahead of the entrance to the main mall, i.e. by the landing place. The accompanying AO seems to work apart from the generic menu, i.e. you can skate OK. Linda's creations are CC0 so I guess they can be used in commercial products though I'm not sure about the status of the AO. Hope this helps.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerTanya MatahariLucy Brown
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Hi Graham, thanks for the reply. I am actually familiar with Linda's skate set, but it doesn't work quite how I like my skates to be - it might do the job for what Lucy is wanting though. For mine, I have the AO built in to the skates (no HUD) so that they immediately override normal walking when attached, so that's my ideal, but I can see that I may have to consider doing it a different way.

Thanks also to Ilan for the tech information.
Lucy Brown
Brian Roberts

Post by Brian Roberts »

I have free skates on Dragon Keep (73, 777, 22) they work pretty good. Check out my rink.Let me know if I can be any help.
These users thanked the author Brian Roberts for the post (total 2):
Lucy BrownMichael Timeless