Creation

Worlds that you created or discovered
Karima Hoisan

Creation

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Hi everyone,
Dale Innis (my scripting creative partner of many worlds) and myself, are happy to invite you to our latest world, called Creation.
As is many of my worlds, it is an Automated Tour, but you are all encouraged to revisit the parts you most enjoyed on your own. This world is absolutely necessary, that you be able to see and hear parcel media. It is used extensively through out the world, both for coloring the world and also to immerse you in audio for each separate section.
A media-textured avatar is offered you, and to immerse yourself in the world and literally form part of it, we encourage you to put it on before you sit in the chair and take off into the unknown.
There is a notecard at the landing, that explains the inspiration for the world, and some simple instructions to follow (Windight-Draw Distance etc) for better enjoyment. We hope you will all come and enjoy it soon! I will quote my dear friend DB Bailey (David Denton architect) who says, "I think people are happiest...when they are making things." I so agree, don't you?
This is my 16th world on Kitely! Please visit and let us know what you thought:) It is another true labor of love on Kitely! We hope you will all come and enjoy it soon!
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ka ... n/Creation
Hypergrid:grid.kitely.com:8002:Creation3
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 9):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsMin TigerpawChris NamasteDale InnisSelby EvansJoey WriterMally McGinnisLucy Brown
Dale Innis

Re: Creation

Post by Dale Innis »

The scripting on this world was, as usual, fun and challenging, with Karima saying "what if we...?" and me replying "sure, that's not hard", or "no, but we can do something like it, like...", or (most often) "hmmm, I'll have to think about that!".

It is a notable creation, and it's also about the process of creation itself. And also just a heck of a fun ride!

I have no idea where she gets these ideas from. :) But do go and experience it!
These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post (total 9):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsKarima HoisanMin TigerpawChris NamasteSelby EvansJoey WriterMally McGinnisDaniel Hoffman
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Extraordinary, beautiful, great fun and a cool illustration of how OpenSim can be used to create an experience -- thanks Karima & Dale!
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 6):
Karima HoisanIlan TochnerChris NamasteDale InnisSelby EvansMally McGinnis
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

It was an adventure to visit Creation. Highly recommended to explore.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 5):
Karima HoisanChris NamasteDale InnisSelby EvansMally McGinnis
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Just took the experience - Creation is a very nice experience and full of great and creative ideas! I liked the tour, the media and the interaction a lot - great work Karima and Dale!
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanDale InnisSelby EvansMally McGinnis
Savage Taurus
Has thanked: 0

Post by Savage Taurus »

It's a fun and surreal experience. Great use of media for both sound and textures. I look forward to checking out the other exhibits she has created.
These users thanked the author Savage Taurus for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanDale InnisSelby EvansMally McGinnis
Odracir Wrigglesworth

Post by Odracir Wrigglesworth »

Just now visited Creation. I loved it!
Karima is always good for a pleasant surprise with the latest twists and turns of her imagination. And Dale's scripting legerdemain is always fun to see. Thanks to both of you. Going back in again!
These users thanked the author Odracir Wrigglesworth for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanSelby EvansDale InnisMally McGinnis
Joey Writer

Post by Joey Writer »

Awww, Karima, I love all of your worlds, but 'Creation' really gets to me in so many different ways <33
How do you even dream of something like this, much less put it into words and even experiences for us to share?
Dale Innis wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 pm
(most often) "hmmm, I'll have to think about that!".
Haha, I bet! I can almost see it :lol:

Great work, Karima and Dale!
These users thanked the author Joey Writer for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisMally McGinnis
Natascha Randt

Post by Natascha Randt »

Holy Moly, what an experience!
It is really incredible what Karima and Dale did.
Creation is not only fun and surreal and more fun and great scripting and music and colour and sound and creativity ... Creation is ALL IN!

Luckily I was able to have a very first look at an early stage and that made me soooo curious to see the finished world.
Being honest, my expectations were more than fulfilled. What a crazy ride!
And as a side note: Creation is ART

Creation is a perfect example on how to make your dreams come true: Just be Creative!
These users thanked the author Natascha Randt for the post (total 3):
Mally McGinnisDale InnisKarima Hoisan
Mally McGinnis

Post by Mally McGinnis »

This is one of the most interesting places I've visited on any grid. First, there's the immediate sense of a theme park ride in which you sit down, and are whisked away to place after place. Surrounded by a cacophony of visual and audio stimuli, of color, of poetry, of motion, it's as though you're in the mind of Lori Anderson on acid. Trippy. It's not possible to take in very much of what's available to see in the brief time it takes to make the guided tour. But it's well worth going back in and taking all the time you need to investigate further. I've been back twice so far.

I saw things that piqued my curiosity, and some that I still don't understand. For instance, there are 4 colored paint cans suspended above the floor each pouring a different colored paint into a puddle. It's available to take a copy, and I did. Each paint can with pouring paint is a 1 prim mesh object and includes 2 textures. It uses a simple waterfall script to simulate paint that actually pours. The texture on the can itself isn't animated. Similarly, I don't understand the texture of the avatar I was given at the entrance. It constantly changes as I pass through each area and corresponds to the textures in the room or tunnel.

There are quirky, surreal little bits of humor, too. You've got to spend some time with the opera singer and her husband (I was told) who is also on stage. As if they weren't an unusual enough couple, cam around to see what he's doing. While in that area, be sure to check out the art gallery hallway. From the myriad of tiny little details to the individual areas of concentrated interest, to the horse ride (you can have one of your own to take with you!), to the dozens or more textures that surround you on the walls, to the entire experience as a whole, the creators' imaginations allow us to escape into a reality we only rarely get to visit without psilocybin.
These users thanked the author Mally McGinnis for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanDale Innis