Accidentally Raised Ground level

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Annie Teach

Accidentally Raised Ground level

Post by Annie Teach »

Greetings! I was using the Land Tool as I have many, many times before. I still cannot workout how I did this, but I have managed to raise the land level across my 16 sims by about a 1 to 1.5 metres. Is there a way to undo this or revert. I do have an OAR file backup but would prefer not to use it at this point because some items will disappear. Thanks.
These users thanked the author Annie Teach for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Accidentally Raised Ground level

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Annie,

Kitely saves 10 days worth of daily backups. If you want, we can restore your world to the state it was in during one of these days. If we do this you'll lose any changes that you've made to your world since that daily backup was created.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansMally McGinnis
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan, that would be great. I made the mistake about 4 hours ago (maybe less). So the most recent change before that would help. Much appreciated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

As per your request, your world has been restored to the latest backup our system created before your requested time.
Shandon LoringAnnie Teach
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan, that is looking much better now. Much appreciated. :D

I don't suppose you have any ideas on how I managed to do this? I was originally in the Land Tool select, but hadn't created the rectangle for the focused terraform. I then clicked Raise and clicked on that a few times after changing the strength. Is there a short cut key to select the whole megaregion? I often hit FN, Ctrl, windows and Alt incorrectly because I use different laptops. I was looking at the area sideways, not normally from above. Any ideas?

Thanks once again!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Annie,

It's hard for me to say what you did, I wasn't there when you did it :-)
Mally McGinnis

Post by Mally McGinnis »

Annie, I think you may have done it by hitting the apply button on the edit terrain tab with the Raise bullet selected. I did the same thing once. Since then, I make a habit of baking my terrain (Region Details --> Terrain tab --> bake terrain button) after doing any terraforming, and if I'm doing extensive terrain work, I bake it pretty often. If you mess something up, it's easy to get back to where you were when you last baked it by clicking the Revert tool in your terrain editor. Nothing else is affected that way, either.
These users thanked the author Mally McGinnis for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAraminta TwycrossTwitchyAnnie Teach
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

Mally McGinnis wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:32 pm
Annie, I think you may have done it by hitting the apply button on the edit terrain tab with the Raise bullet selected. I did the same thing once. Since then, I make a habit of baking my terrain (Region Details --> Terrain tab --> bake terrain button) after doing any terraforming, and if I'm doing extensive terrain work, I bake it pretty often. If you mess something up, it's easy to get back to where you were when you last baked it by clicking the Revert tool in your terrain editor. Nothing else is affected that way, either.
I also at least once every couple of days save the oar for my region. But your tip is fantastic thanks
These users thanked the author Araminta TwycrossTwitchy for the post (total 2):
Annie TeachBrendan Shoreland
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

Please make sure to read the World Export Report when you export your world as some items may not be included in the OAR file. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/

One way to backup an entire world that contains non-exportable objects is to use the Copy World option in your My Worlds page. This won't backup no-copy objects but it will copy no-transfer and no-Export objects (acquired from Kitely Market). See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... rmissions/
Annie TeachAraminta TwycrossTwitchy
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Araminta, Ilan has kindly sorted it for me. But I am curious, when I use the select tool I can usually see the rectangle. Do you know how I managed to select the whole megaregion in one move with the Select Tool. I do recall I was using it from a side view as I was underwater and trying to get a better view. Thanks. any thoughts welcomed on this.