Advanced World

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Advanced World

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

1 Say I want to change to an advanced world with the 16 and on that advanced world I want to add an oar for 4 Regions to my already existing build Can I do that???? At the moment I have an advanced world and a starter world but I want to check out an oar for a 2x2 and can't rezz it on my starter. I would prefer to pay the couple of dollars more a month for 16 regions and just keep 16 but I need to be able to have a space I can build without it affecting my design I have now.

Or will it mess up the world I have already created. I don't want to have to remove my farm for instance because I already have a producing farm and I will have to start from scratch.

2 when I originally got my standard world I started at one region which was the kitely forest then I upgraded upgraded to my 4 Regions cause I didn't know what I was doing. What happens with the stuff on that part of my world if I have to for any reason store my standard region as the items that came with the kitely forest have no transfer so does that mean all the landscaping and what not is removed from that Oar???

3 if I get another standard region instead because I can't upload the oar for a 2x2 and the delete it at the end of the month will I only be paying for the few days I need it?
These users thanked the author Araminta TwycrossTwitchy for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Advanced World

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

The Replace World option in a world's Mange World dialog replaces the contents of that world with the contents of the OAR file you uploaded using this function. You should therefore only use this option when you're okay with losing whatever you currently have in that world (or have stored copies of it in your inventory). One thing you can do is to use the Copy World function to create a Kitely hosted version Stored World copy of the world, which will allow you to retain a backup of the copy but non-transfer (or otherwise non exportable) objects it contains. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... rmissions/

All content contained in a Standard World is retained when that world is turned into a Stored World. That's what Stored Worlds are for, to enable you to backup content that can't be exported from Kitely using the Export World function.

Kitely doesn't refund payments for worlds that are only needed for a few days but you can save money by timing when you upgrade and downgrade your world:

First month payment for a world is from the day that you order it until the end of that month. The price you'll be charged will be automatically pro-rated depending on the remaining number of days in the month. If you don't downgrade that world before the end of the month you'll then be charged the full world price on the 1st of the following month. You can use this to your advantage by ordering a world later in the month and thus only needing to pay the pro-rated price until the end of that month. Please keep in mind that if that is your intention, you'll have to remember to downgrade that world before the end of the month or you'll be automatically charged the full hosting price for it on the 1st of the following month.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

Awesome thank you I did read about the stored worlds but wanted to double check how that worked very handy re stored world I wasn't quite sure how that worked so you explained it extremely well I really do want a backup. But will test it on the upgrade from starter to another standard then downgrade it is perfect option as well and since it is at the end of the month its the perfect time for me to do that now. So will change my starter to a standard test out my backup oar I did off my current standard which I really don't want to loose in any form. Then upgrade to an advanced when I am sure thanks for the prompt reply too.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let me know if there is anything else you need.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy