Permissions on own prims changed to no copy I did not change them

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Permissions on own prims changed to no copy I did not change them

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

Is this supposed to happen? I spent hours building something and at the end of my build I was putting it all together to place in a rezzer so I didn't loose it and I accidently linked my own prims to an object that was not copy and it changed the permissions to my OWN prims to no copy even after unlinking them again. NO I hadn't taken them into my inventory. I am so annoyed as this never happened in SL except in the beginning (joined SL in 2006) so I have seen a lot in my time including permissions changes if you had taken the object into your inventory then the permissions stuck. But today if you link something to another object that has no copy that someone else made then unlinking them fixed the issue and once more you could set the permissions back to full perms. I alway build this way so just in case there is a virtual world hiccup I can still edit my own prims even after linking them to something else. Is this another export issue? As I got this item I linked my own items to from another grid??? Grrr not happy Jan.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Permissions on own prims changed to no copy I did not change them

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

This is how permissions work in SL as well. I think you'll find this thread helpful in understanding the subtleties of what changes and when:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums ... ion-issue/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansAraminta TwycrossTwitchy
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Linking a no copy object to my own object and then unlinking it in SL has never made an object I owned and made keep the permissions of the no copy object after unlinking in the last few years. I checked that day before I posted. But I shall read through the thread thanks.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

That thread was back in 2011 they fixed that issue. I said as much in my first post.