Closing a Region - Check on steps?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Annie Teach

Closing a Region - Check on steps?

Post by Annie Teach »

Greetings!

Key Query: I am just double checking the steps I need to take to delete one of my mega regions and to cease auto payments for this.

Background: I have transferred what I wanted from my old region to the new region under a different avatar, so I am ready to close my old sim in the next day or two (probably the 28/12 after a final check).

Questions:So this is just to check the steps:
1. I can see under My Worlds the Delete option, so I will address that on 28/12;
2. Do I need to stop the auto payments or does this occur automatically with step 1.
3. Are there any other steps I need to take.

I will still continue with the avatar and my other regions. Thanks.
These users thanked the author Annie Teach for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Closing a Region - Check on steps?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Annie,

Before you can delete a world you need to change its world type to be a Stored World in order to update your PayPal subscription for our service to remove payment for that world (our system will inform you that you need to do this if you try to delete a world that is still included in your PayPal subscription).

To change your world's type: click the Manage link in your My Worlds page to open the world's Manage World dialog, click the Change world type link in that dialog, select the new world type you'd like the world to have then press the Change button. This will send you to PayPal to create a new subscription for our service which doesn't include payment for this world (the world will remain its previous world type until the end of the month as you've already paid for it). Please note that you'll be charged a world storage fee if you keep the world as a Stored World after the end of the month you've already paid for. See our Services page for details: https://www.kitely.com/services
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Arton Tripsa
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan, I will go through the process today. Much appreciated! :D
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Hi Ilan, just an update.

I went through the process as you described and received an email notification from PayPal that my auto subscription had been cancelled. I logged out and waited a bit, then re-logged back into the web account but it appears to be still listed as an Active World.

So two questions:
1. How long does it take for the Web account to list it as a stored world?
2. I still have another Sim with a different avatar but the same PayPal account. I want to double check that this continues in payment as I wish to keep that sim active.

Thanks. Ilan.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

Annie it will say active until the current month is over. If you look under managed it will tell you when I just did it to one of mine.
These users thanked the author Araminta TwycrossTwitchy for the post:
Annie Teach
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

As Araminta correctly mentioned, you can look in the world's Manage World dialog to see that you get to keep the world as it's previous world type until the end of the month. You can, however, delete it at that point.

Please look at the Manage World dialog of the world you wish to keep to make sure it still has the world type you want it to have.
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Araminta and Ilan, yes I see now. All is good. I did read about having the sim to the end of the month, but for some reason I didn't register that this would therefore reflect on the MyWorld page. D'oh! :? :shock: :oops: But I can see the Stored World message. :D Thank you for your patience. Much appreciated.
These users thanked the author Annie Teach for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAraminta TwycrossTwitchy