Region Doesn't Exist or is Suspended Messages

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Koshari Mahana

Region Doesn't Exist or is Suspended Messages

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I have a lot of trouble teleporting to my region from other grids, sometimes it works but a lot of times it doesn't. TP's are usually successful if I'm already in my region and I'm using an alt to get to it and when I'm already on the Kitely grid. But when I'm not in my region and not on the Kitely grid and I want to go home either by a landmark or by using my viewer back button I get various error messages, none of them are true.

This
Here are a couple of examples:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aga3xj_V4yM3i4FStb47kZSoUDlcbQ

Here's another I get a lot:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aga3xj_V4yM3i4FR4sPf8ciyS6rjXw

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks,
Koshari
Last edited by Koshari Mahana on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Region Doesn't Exist or is Suspended Messages

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

This is a known bug with some viewers, see: https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-16526

Please try searching for the location in the world map using its Hypergrid address and then using the Teleport button to go there.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Araminta TwycrossTwitchySelby Evans
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks, it's good to know it's the viewer but it's a frustrating problem. I've even had it happen when typing my region name into the map search and clicking on it. It doesn't seem consistent as to when it's going to work or not. When trying to teleport from "search" under classified it almost never works. I guess it just makes it harder for people to find the regions they want to go to. I just downloaded Firestorm's latest release and it doesn't seem to be fixed.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation :)
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can also try clearing your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache after using it to log into different grids with local accounts on those grids (not after visiting them via Hypergrid with your Kitely avatar).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

Been having issue using the Hg get region doesn't exist or suspended message also been driving me crazy. Tried the clearing cache made no difference. Using the HG link on opensim gives me the same errors to just about anywhere I want to go I have to get creative but it makes me waste a lot of time and I don't like that. Over the last couple of weeks
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

Have you cleared both your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache while logged into Kitely?

Which worlds where you trying to teleport from and what destinations have you tried to teleport to? Are you able to find these destinations when you search for them in the viewer world map on Kitely?
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

I thought I did clear the viewer cache in the kitely grid but not sure so I will try that again now.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

I did that and was no help for this issue BUT I think it is an opensim issue as I can't teleport from opensim grid to kitely or any other location using the map or landmarks or even the link to places that is on the opensim grid but I can do so from kitely and numerous other locations on the grid using landmarks and maps in my suitcase and regular landmarks. I can however go from opensim grid to my home location without problems. I have tested numerous ways of getting to and from the various grids and my conclusion is it is an opensim issue maybe something to do with the beacon??? I can use the beacon to teleport from opensim grid to some places but most do not work. I passed on the info to opensim. I tend to try from kitely welcome zone and have more success but it's hit or miss sometimes. I get creative in the ways I try but I have the time to do so.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you clear both caches while you were logged into Kitely grid with your Kitely Avatar? (Note that you have to press two different buttons in Firestorm Preferences to do so: "Clear Cache" and "Clear Inventory Cache").
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy