Can't export full perm item in-world

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Zed deTremont

Re: Can't export full perm item in-world

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hi, picking up an old thread again and second time I have problems passing a mesh to somebody within the HG.
Situation 1:
I'm creator of the mesh object, all has been set FP and while rezzed inworld not via inventory.
Send item to contact and received in his inventory (not kitely), when he tries to rez it in his world following error message appears:
"Unable to rez: could not find asset ... UUID ... for item ... x ...

Since one of my children likes to model and the other is picking up scripting they have a parcel on another grid well separated and with the absolute restriction of wandering around. It would be nice if I could pass them items which they can use to build or as samples to play around for scripting purposes. It seems quite a nuisance to hand them over. I did find this thread and tried. Still seems that there is some problem somewhere.

Situation 2: Since Catherine and I work closely together to try to make a attractive region she has all textured items in her inventory.
All meshes have been passed to her FP. She also tried to pass items with her avatar with little success.

I know that I was able to pass items to people on for example Canadian grid and OSG before.

Little note for Ilan if you would find this thread: I know I have contacted you before regarding this issue. At the time a large mesh item had to be send over to somebody. This was in no way successful. It might be that at the time the permissions of some or multiple elements were changed in inventory (not valid). Unfortunately to start rebuilding, retexturing and all other work involved is for this building no option. It would just be way too much work and even then I'm not 100% that there will be no issue. Thanks for your (as always) fast reply at the time.
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post:
Chris Namaste
Soo Novi

Post by Soo Novi »

Well, I thought I'd responded to this once but it isn't appearing in my browser. Perhaps I neglected to click "Submit?" Apologies if anyone is seeing this twice.

I thought this problem was just me.

I tried to pass some items I created (prims, textures, everything original) to a friend who was visiting my region from the HG and many of them just wouldn't go regardless of how I had the perms set. Once she made a kitely account they transferred to her with no problem.

I haven't tried the rezzing and changing perms while rezzed thing, though. I will and I'll report back if I continue to have issues. But how does that work with texture clothing (non-prim)?
These users thanked the author Soo Novi for the post:
Chris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zed and Soo,

I suggest you ask those foreign avatars to teleport into Kitely and give them the items in question inside Kitely. Thay should then teleport back to their home grids and try to rezz these items.

If that doesn't work, rezz the item inside Kitely then have them take that item into their inventory. If there are export restrictions in place for these items then they will be notified about them at this point.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Soo NoviChris NamasteSelby Evans
Soo Novi

Post by Soo Novi »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am
I suggest you ask those foreign avatars to teleport into Kitely and give them the items in question inside Kitely. Thay should then teleport back to their home grids and try to rezz these items.

If that doesn't work, rezz the item inside Kitely then have them take that item into their inventory. If there are export restrictions in place for these items then they will be notified about them at this point.
Hi Ilan!

Yeah, we did all that. She was standing on my region when it occurred. We had some success with filling a box and setting it to "buy" for 0, but it was limited. I suspect I just need to go through and make sure all the permissions are correctly set on not only every prim but every texture, and that I've rezzed what can be rezzed to make sure said perms are set correctly. I'm going to try it later. I may use my old osgrid avatar to see if I can do it instead of waiting for someone to find their way into my region. :) I'll let you know if the issues persist but I suspect its at least in part operator error.
These users thanked the author Soo Novi for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Sorry for the late reply and thank you Soo and Ilan for the response.
Tried those things before and more:
1. Foreign avatar to Kitely and give it while in Kitely
2. Me to other grid try passing it there, need to check what the exact result of this was but didn't work
3. Put in a box in Kitely and sell it for 0 Kc's
4. First we did was passing it over HG to the foreign avatar.
Unfortunately none of this was succesful.
Chris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zed,

Please try this simple test first:

Create a new box with the same permissions and try giving it to the HG avatar.

Now try copying parts of the item in question into that box, one part at a time, and give the box to the HG avatar in Kitely after each time. Once you are prevented from doing so you'll know you found the component that is causing you problems.
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

What grid is the person you are trying to give an item to from?
What version of Opensim is their grid? or is it a fork like Halcyon or Whitecoresim?

If they are running 9.x, The original 9.0.0 had a lot of problems. They may need to upgrade their Opensim to 9.0.1 which fixed a LOT of the initial problems.

Sometimes items which contain default textures either have a hard time transferring or the textures turn grey.

If you are using the "blank" or "Transparent" textures in your objects, replace them with your own. If you need some, here are mine:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=192uZm ... lniO2AgOC_

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wuKj ... BP22iQFh0Z

Items that you give to another go to their Suitcase. Make sure she can find the "Objects" folder IN THE SUITCASE. The items will not appear in her normal objects folder.

Because I sell items on so many different grids, often I end up troubleshooting these sorts of things. These are things that have worked for me over the years.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSoo NoviSelby Evans
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Soo Novi

Post by Soo Novi »

Brayla Sana wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:45 pm
If you are using the "blank" or "Transparent" textures in your objects, replace them with your own. If you need some, here are mine:
I hadn't even considered that, but it makes a lot of sense. It's probable that "blank" has a different UUID on each grid. Huh.
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:31 am
Please try this simple test first:

Create a new box with the same permissions and try giving it to the HG avatar.
Thank you for your reply. Tested as you proposed, did this before already but wanted to see the exact error code, FP prim didn't pass either. It might be the Open sim version, I'll figure out which version is used to see if that might be the problem.
Apparently other people have problems with this too when I look at my IMs inworld and for the large build it was not the same grid.
Chris Namaste
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Brayla Sana wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:45 pm
What grid is the person you are trying to give an item to from?
What version of Opensim is their grid? or is it a fork like Halcyon or Whitecoresim?

If they are running 9.x, The original 9.0.0 had a lot of problems. They may need to upgrade their Opensim to 9.0.1 which fixed a LOT of the initial problems.

Sometimes items which contain default textures either have a hard time transferring or the textures turn grey.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=192uZm ... lniO2AgOC_

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wuKj ... BP22iQFh0Z

Items that you give to another go to their Suitcase. Make sure she can find the "Objects" folder IN THE SUITCASE. The items will not appear in her normal objects folder.

Because I sell items on so many different grids, often I end up troubleshooting these sorts of things. These are things that have worked for me over the years.
Hello Brayla and thank you for your reply.
The grid they "play" "work" on is a very tiny private one. Since they are children for very obvious reasons it is out of question to get them in sl or even Kitely. The oldest likes to make 3D models since some years (now 14) the youngest is picking up programming by himself mainly C# but he likes to script in LSL too. Mostly they play around in unity (I'm quite surprised with the stuff the are able to do.
If models can be used inworld I bring them in and set them up for sale nice for their little "saving pig" "tirelire" in French
examples:
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=721 ... s&q=helmet
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=721 ... os&q=sword
Ok this as a sidetrack in short small grid.

I will check with the person who runs the servers which version of Opensim he has installed, might be a lead to follow indeed.

Blank textures I do not use. Blank can be coloured inworld, full transparent (textures with a alpha channel) can be handled inworld, textures with an alpha channel apart from plants I as good as never use. All textures brought in were my own and the model I passed them where just ambient occlusions without alpha channel.
Items where indeed taken out of the suitcase but as mentioned in my reply to Ilan, even a FP prim was not recognised.
When items are sold via the Kitely market I never ever encountered any problem to over 50 different grids. The problem occurs only when I want to give something over the HG. This is not the first time this has happened. Bit of a nuisance.
Chris Namaste