Hypergrid issues again

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Hypergrid issues again

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

If kitely has blocked our access to certain hypergrid locations can you please advise people so we don't waste our time trying to get to them please? Outworldz locations suddenly disappeared from the maps although they were accessible a few days ago!!! Quite a few places previously accessible I am no longer able to get too.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Hypergrid issues again

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

At this time we're only blocking access to Sacrarium grid. We're not blocking access to any other location on the Hypergrid. The regions you're trying to access may be having issues. I suggest you go to that grid's website and check.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Thanks just been one of those days. Why are you blocking Sacrarium grid? Also could it be my router thats causing me problems it doesn't allow plug and play for some reason. Will be getting onto my IP provider tomorrow to sort something out. Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another so I am a tad cranky. So frustrating when you have been visiting places with no problem and then you can't. Nothing is simple is it?
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Oh and I have tried a few that are not showing up on the map but they are online like this one utopiaskyegrid.com:8002:Skye Sanctuary it has 3 avatars inworld but not on the map
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

See: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4908#p25425

You can only see people on the world map of another grid when you're inside the grid the region you're viewing belongs to. Teleport to that region then look at the world map.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Sorry I didn't explain properly I use opensimworld to find and visit other places https://opensimworld.com/hop/81487-Skye-Sanctuary/ it shows when it was last checked how many people are inworld and the links to paste into the worldmap to get to them. Sometimes they come up fine and you can direct tp to them other times it takes a bit of stuffing around to get there but when i use another avatar from another opensim place I don't seem to have the same problems. Sometimes when in my kitely avatar I have to go to kitelys welcome area and then I can tp sometimes I can get to the same places from my own world in kitely. I just don't understand why its such a problem
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Not all Kitely worlds are Hypergrid enabled (it's a per world setting the world owner can select). If you wish to teleport to other grids I suggest you do so from a Kitely world which is Hypergrid enabled, such as the Kitely Welcome Center.
Soo Novi

Post by Soo Novi »

Araminta, I recently learned that some of the sims that don't say they are in Sacrarium turn out to be anyway, and so trying to get into them is a bit like griefing yourself.

That said, I was setting up my Outworldz grid earlier and having trouble getting the DNS server to resolve my address. I asked Fred about it and he said to try again because the DNS server had just been down for maintenance. So perhaps you were trying to reach them then.

My outworlds grid is working now, though, so try again with Outworldz. :)
These users thanked the author Soo Novi for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Tainted Angel

Post by Tainted Angel »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:41 pm
Hi Araminta,

At this time we're only blocking access to Sacrarium grid. We're not blocking access to any other location on the Hypergrid. The regions you're trying to access may be having issues. I suggest you go to that grid's website and check.
Can I ask why Sacrarium grid is blocked?? I have a lot of friends there and can't access their regions.