How do I change my starter world to standard

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

How do I change my starter world to standard

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

I figured it out and I guess my starter stays until I don't pay for it so sorry. Feeling rather thick but at least I will be able to help another dopey newb lol

I got a starter world to try it out and then got a standard world but I want to change my starter world to a standard as I want them together. I can't figure out how to do that without paying 3 times although I was given the link to https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/. It doesn't allow you to change that. I want the 4 region 2x2. I am extremely confused. Please help?
These users thanked the author Araminta TwycrossTwitchy for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: How do I change my starter world to standard

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

You can't place Kitely worlds adjacent to each other but you can change world types and change world sizes.

To change your world from being a Starter World to being a Standard World:
1) Go to your My Worlds page.

2) Click the Manage link next to the world you wish to change to open that world's Manage World dialog.

3) Click the Change world type link in that dialog, select the world type you want your world to have then click the Change button to be sent to PayPal to update your subscription for our service.

To change the size of your world:
1) Go to your My Worlds page.

2) Click the Manage link next to the world you wish to change to open that world's Manage World dialog.

3) Click the Change world size link in that dialog, select the world size you want your world to have, position the regions as explained here then click the Change button to start the resize.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

thanks
elin egoyan

Post by elin egoyan »

I have read above and like to do the same. Changing my Starter World to a Standard world. But what I don't get fully is:

1. Will my Starter World be part of the Standard world? Have found that answer and it is yes
2. Can I drop an OAR on a 2 x 2 standard world that has the size of a single sim and can I choose were i want to have it on the Standard World.
3. If I drop that OAR on an empty part (region) of the Standard world will all what is on the not empty part (region) of the Standard World be lost?

I hope you can solve my questions:))
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Elin,

The world type do defines the amount of server resources your world will get when it's active. That in turn defines the maximum prim, user and land size quotas it can use.

When you change the world type from Starter World to Standard World it doesn't automatically change the size of your world from one to four regions in size. To do that you'll need to use the change world size option and that is when you'll be able to position your existing single region sized world inside the 4-region sized world you changed your world to.

Each Kitely world is a VarRegion. You can use the Replace World option in the Files tab of the world's Manage World dialog to upload an OAR file into the world. This will remove the existing contents of your world and replace them with the contents of the OAR file. If you have single region sized OAR file then I suggest you use this function before you resize the world so you'll be able to move that region when you resize the world.

If you wish to merge the contents of your existing world with the contents of a different region then I suggest you Export your world, merge it outside Kitely, create a new OAR file of the two adjacent regions then use Replace World to upload that OAR file into your Kitely world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Zed deTremontChris Namaste
elin egoyan

Post by elin egoyan »

Thanks Ilan:)

I had found the resize trick indeed so that was already clear.

When I understand the rest then it is not possible to load an OAR and keep the current content on the sim. I can not export my world, because there is content of someone else also, which i cant export.
So i need to find another solution.

I saw a comment of you else were on the forum, that you can buy another world some were halfway the month do you thing on it and before the end of the month cancel it again. You just pay then the amount for the days you have used it.
Can I buy a second starterworld on my account and how do I cancel it again end of the month?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes, you can do that. Just go to your My Worlds page and use the New World button to create another world. You'll be charged the pro-rated amount for the remaining number of days in the month. To make sure you're not charged for that world again next month change its world type to be a Stored World before the month ends.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
elin egoyanChris Namaste
elin egoyan

Post by elin egoyan »

elin salutes you:P TY!!!
These users thanked the author elin egoyan for the post:
Ilan Tochner