Friend issue

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Friend issue

Post by Araminta TwycrossTwitchy »

I made friends with someone but she is not showing up on my friend list and the add friend button is on her profile but I get "This person is already your friend. Please delete it first if you want to reestablish the friendship." when I try to re add her. How do I delete it? And what is to be deleted Please?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Friend issue

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Araminta,

What viewer are you using?

Is that friend a Kitely user or someone using an avatar from another grid?

Did you friend them while you were in Kitely or while you were visiting another grid?
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Using firestorm I think I was in kitely when I friended them I couldn't get to their place at the time. So got them to come here from another grid
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

She keeps getting the grids URI has changed trying to get to the welcome zone and my place too.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Why is it so hard for other avatars to get into kitely??? Been trying for a couple of hours now. :x
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Kitely detects avatars that are reusing avatar UUIDs from known avatars from other grids (i.e. prevents people from impersonating other avatars).

Your friend is trying to teleport into Kitely with an avatar that is already known to belong to another grid. That's why your friend got an error message telling them that their avatar's Grid URI (the grid it belongs to) has changed.

Is your friend teleporting from a grid which they manage themselves or from a grid someone else manages?

As for friend showing online/offline, that functionality doesn't work well over the Hypergrid. It isn't a Kitely issue, it's an OpenSim one.
Araminta TwycrossTwitchy

Own grid had issues when starting it, had the start from scratch using the same user name and uuid but a new hypergrid DNS the name listed is showing the old dns name. Its actually my avatar from my own grid so no one is impersonating anyone. So how to fix this please?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You PM me the name of the avatar, the old grid URI and the new grid URI and I update our system.