Loading World Issue

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Donna Yager

Re: Loading World Issue

Post by Donna Yager »

Thank you, not sure where I ended up with that one but hope the new one fixes the issues!
These users thanked the author Donna Yager for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager »

I loaded the most recent version. (5.1.7 from 2018) I was able to login a couple times to both my island and the Welcome Center but tried to change an outfit on my avatar and ended up with just a belt and shoes appearing. After multiple tries over a few days when I logged in it completely appeared. Now I am, however, back to not being able to login to any site no matter what I chose. It gets to 3/4 load and stops every time. I reinstalled the viewer and that has not helped.

Is there a potential McAfee issue, as I recall reading something about opening ports?

I'm at a loss as to how to rectify this. Thank you for any assistance.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Network issues, such as using a WiFi connection far from the base station, a slow internet connection, or running other programs in the background that max out your bandwidth, can easily cause this.

Other causes can be using internet security software that may filter out or block some network connections.

If you're using a mobile computer I suggest you move it close to your WiFi base station, make sure it's not running any file sharing software (such as BitTorrent) and see if that helps.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Donna Yager
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager »

Wondering what next steps are to rectify this. I have boosted my wifi to the 5G, I am within 10 feet of the router, uninstalled and reinstalled the viewer.

I have not been able to login to the Welcome Center, my world, or any other world. It sits on the loading screen and never moves.

I have Google Drive as the only file share program, but all other programs are closed when I am trying to do this. Turned off my firewall as well. Nothing is working.

I don't know what to do next. Further thoughts from any one are appreciated. Thank you

Donna
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You mentioned you "boosted my wifi to 5G", have you switched ISPs recently?

Have you changed your router recently?

Have you verified that your firewall settings are as specified here? (both in your operating system and in your router) https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager »

Thank you for your reply. I was connecting, as I found out, through the 2.4 Ghz router option, and purchased a tp-link usb dual band adapter so I could link to the 5Ghz band thinking that would help. Nothing.

I have not switched ISP providers.

I ensured today that all ports as mentioned in your guide are open.

I started Firestorm, opted for the Welcome Center, which connected to the AUDIO only very quickly, although the screen is still stuck on the 'Firestorm_x64 'Loading World' screen.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

2.4Ghz is usually slower than 5Ghz but passes walls better. Your ISP connection is probably slower than your 2.4Ghz connection option so I'd recommend switching back to a 2.4Ghz connection or switching to a dual band connection if your hardware supports it.

Please open your viewer preferences and set the graphics settings to Low then click the Kitely Welcome Center link in the viewer login page and try logging in again.
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager »

It connects to the audio but the visual is still stuck.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try downloading and installing Singularity Viewer: http://www.singularityviewer.org/downloads

You'll need to configure it to access Kitely as explained here: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager »

I logged into Singularity viewer and attempted to go to the Kitely Welcome Center and the same thing is happening. The screen is stuck at the 'loading world' page (5 minutes now), yet I hear the water, birds, etc. through my speakers.

At this point, should we try to just shut this account down and create a new one? This is for a school project and I need to move on to an alternative solution if this account has someone become corrupt?