Loading World Issue

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Ilan Tochner

Re: Loading World Issue

Post by Ilan Tochner » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Are you using a VPN on your computer to connect to an organization's network or connecting through an organization's network directly? It sounds as if your connections are being filtered, which can happen if you're connecting from an organization that has not configured its firewall to allow access to our service.
Donna Yager

Post by Donna Yager » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:23 pm

No this is a personal computer. I had no issues up until about 2 weeks ago when the connection was getting intermittent and now just not at all. Same computer, nothing different that I have installed nor updated, nor changed.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:50 pm

I suggest turning off other devices connected to this network then restarting your router to eliminate them as possible causes for this problem.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ometeotl Mikoyan
Ometeotl Mikoyan

Post by Ometeotl Mikoyan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:26 am

Just some thoughts, have you ran a speedtest on your connection? https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ is free. Have you checked running processes on your pc? You can right click your taskbar and choose "Task Manager", or "Start > Task Manager" depending on which version you run. I usually go to search and type in task manager. I've personally had huge issue with game managers gobbling up all the resources and not allowing anything to load and freezing up running programs. I suppose other programs could do that while updating. Also if you're a heavy user of a virtual world browser, ie, builder, frequent flyer :P, or just do lots of stuff, your cache can be full and make you start having huge issues starting up. As a habit now I clean my network cache when I log every time, life is much nicer :)
These users thanked the author Ometeotl Mikoyan for the post:
Ilan Tochner