Record Kitely Market sales as former InWorldz residents go shopping

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Wonder Wheeler

Re: Record Kitely Market sales as former InWorldz residents go shopping

Post by Wonder Wheeler »

Kitely sales go up, but it looks like InWorldz is going to fail with its new venture, Islandz. I made a map tonight while there. It looks like they have only 13 regions active. And some of those are actually empty islands or waterways. Does not look good.

Another disturbing thing is that they are using bitmap images of SL continents as filler when you zoom out on the map.
map: http://prntscr.com/m4c651
These users thanked the author Wonder Wheeler for the post:
Chris Namaste
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

Trust is tough to build, and easy to lose. I truly wish Islandz the best, but they have a steep hill to climb after losing so much. I had land in Inworldz for about six months. A huge part of their marketing was telling everyone how bad and scary Opensim is. The problem for Inworldz/Islandz now is, not only did they collapse and lose customer data, but subsequently their customers came to Opensim and found quality products and services in both providers and assets, contrary to what they had been repeatedly told.

I also believe that closed worlds do not offer enough. With the hypergrid, you can choose your provider and still visit friends who have chosen another, or who have decided to host their own. There is so much more freedom.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteWonder Wheeler
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:) this is purely how i feel & nothing else, i just need to write this.

indeed trust is hard when one person messed all up (being kind here).
so many debts since months, so much lies (experienced, no gossip)...

pple who gave her so much money 'to start' over i cannot understand & feel sorry for them (hope they wont experience same all over).

some friends i knew, tried since a few years (it went worse & worse since a few years) all kindsa things to 'keep it going'.
nothing of all the kind efforts they made helped - at contrary : they were never listend to & treated like 'not matter'.

many ppl discoverd now that, as always said in iw, 'only there it was safe & all hg-others were only copybotting grids & unrelieable', that thats a lie.
sadly all this had to happen (copybotting did happen there too btw, rotten apples are everywhere - closed or hg)

and all our inventories & creations (many were iw only) are lost to us.
when i came 'dragged by friends' from sl to iw i didnt know yet about hgrids & if i had, i wldnt have lost so much (as so many pple did).

at first i went (still need to delete that prog) to discord, where 'the place to be would be' to hear news. it made me sick to read what was written there, so didnt went back.

only one thing scares me still is that she kept saying she would keep all our inventory. she doestn have that right (kindly said)
it still worries me.
anyway...
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Wonder Wheeler
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Wonder Wheeler

Post by Wonder Wheeler »

Thanks Chris Namaste for the warning, I just signed up for "Discord" but will not install their application. And we will try to be positive about things in general.
These users thanked the author Wonder Wheeler for the post:
Chris Namaste
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

The whole InWorldz story shows us we need to be careful to whom we give our trust. We put many hours of work in our virtual worlds, not only for the benefit of ourselves , but also for others who enjoy our work and have a good time playing on our sims. For me Kitely feels way more safe , the only thing im worried about is Ilan's 24/7 support, he should take more time to sleep :)
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Wonder WheelerDot MatrixChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Trouble... sleep is for wussies...
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Trouble AheadWonder WheelerChris Namaste
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Just a reminder in case any one is interested in staying in touch with our Inworldz families..
There is a Kitely Group "Inworldz ExPats"
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixWonder Wheeler
Wonder Wheeler

Post by Wonder Wheeler »

News flash, Islandz VR bites the dust! The successor to InWorldz seems to have bitten the big one. Word late last night (US time) was that Ele (CEO?) was calling it quits. Lack of money, utilities, housing, being shut off. Also, Jim Tarber the chief tech officer, who was only volunteering his time. Claimed family emergency. I wish them all the best.

Its a real problem saving content and moving on for people who designed all this stuff for that propriatory grid. It is looking more and more like Open Grid / HG is the way to go. So much stuff is going to be lost just when they thought it could be rebuilt. Its sad. I had created and published a map of most of the sims, a combination of CAD and bitmap images, so I know something of the extent of InWorldz at its peak.

The Discord channel for Islandz is also shut down as of this afternoon (US time). I just visited grid and people there said it might be up for maybe 5 days. I'm not sure. Buyer beware, as always. Archive what you can when you can, pursue joy, and don't lose your sh!t!
Tainted Angel

Post by Tainted Angel »

Hi, I purchased the T-Spot Mesh - Ceiling Decoration - Glittering Stars - Full Perm and I am on metropolis but it says:

Avatar not found: "Tainted Angel" at Metropolis. Check that the avatar name is correct and try again.

How can I fix this. It couldn't find me when I chose metropolis, I tried osgrid just to see if it would still come to me and it said it sent but I never got it. What do I do? I am on metropolis.

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am
We've seen Kitely Market sales jump 300% since InWorldz has shut down.

https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -shopping/
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shirl,

This is your order: https://www.kitely.com/market/order/1000050560837

As you can see it was sent to tainted angel @ OSGrid but you've yet to click the link in the IM our system sent you to complete the delivery process.

If you want the item delivered to that avatar then you'll need to log in with your tainted angel OSGrid avatar into OSGrid then click the link in the IM our system sent it to complete the delivery process. If you don't see that IM once you've logged in then, make sure you're logged into OSGrid with your OSgrid tainted angel avatar then click the Resend IM link in the aforementioned order page.

Alternatively, we can redirect that order to your Tainted Angel Metropolis avatar. Would you like us to do so?