Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Kim Holder
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kim Holder »

I have a new account. I made it 2 or 3 weeks ago but never actually logged in. Yesterday i tried and couldn't log in. I have a fresh download of Firestorm for Linux x64, version 6.0.2, i've checked and it is definitely the OS version.

I had to reinstall Ubuntu a week ago so none of my logon info was saved.

I had tied it to my Twitter account, so i tried with my Twitter password. That didn't work. I went into my web account page and asked for a new password. I got that and successfully used it to log in to my web account. But, it won't work in Firestorm after 5 or 6 tries. I copy paste it, so it isn't typed wrong. I can log on to SL with the SL version of Firestorm, but not into Kitely.

Is the account messed up somehow? Thanks for your help.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Log in trouble

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kim,

Please follow the instructions on this page to ensure your viewer is properly configured to access the Kitely grid: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds

Then go to your Kitely account settings page and change your password to what you wish to use to login to the Kitely grid via the viewer: https://www.kitely.com/settings

Please note that your Twitter account password is not the same password that you use to log into the Kitely grid. It will only work for logging into the Kitely website (not the Kitely grid) if you selected the Twitter login option, when you created your Kitely account, and if you then also use our website's Twitter login option (which you apparently did).
Kim Holder

Post by Kim Holder »

Yes, i did have my doubts that's how the Twitter linkage would work - but i understood it was supposed to be the same password in both places, so i tried it. Also i did change my password, (and unlinked the account from Twitter), and tried the new password repeatedly, and it never worked.

I'll try changing the password again. I don't have a firewall so it isn't that. I've looked already at the page you linked to.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What is the exact error message you're getting?
Kim Holder

Post by Kim Holder »

Sorry for the long delay, i decided to leave it for a while.

It's just a regular login failed error, recommending i check the username and password i entered are right.
I don't know how many times i can re-enter the password before concluding that isn't the problem. My user name is Kim Holder and the location field has Kitely/128/128/0. I've tried changing the password again, that didn't help. It isn't the kind of thing where there is any clear next thing to do.

My last resort is to try it on my husband's Windows machine instead of my Ubuntu machines. That isn't a great solution as i can't use that computer that much, but i can try it for now.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you seeing the Kitely viewer login page in your viewer? (it looks like this)
Kim Holder

Post by Kim Holder »

Ok, logging in on Windows works, because there is a field where I can select the grid. This field doesn't exist in the Linux version.

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If your viewer isn't showing the Kitely viewer login page then it isn't configured to login to the Kitely grid.

Please check your viewer Preferences to see if it has a tab for configuring OpenSim grids. If it doesn't then it isn't the OpenSim-contemptible version of Firestorm.
Kim Holder

Post by Kim Holder »

No, i wasn't seeing that page. All i see is the Login failed error message on a black background.
Kim Holder

Post by Kim Holder »

Note the open dialog box in the screenshot above showing it is the OS version.

I checked that Kitely is one of the grids listed in the Grid Manager. It is.