looking to up world performance for a few months

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Salie Davis

looking to up world performance for a few months

Post by Salie Davis »

I notice people that are hypergridding cause issues with world performance meaning the cpu usage. Also I have seen how slower computers seem to load slow and lag. Since I am in my final college semester and showing off the island to other students and educators, I assume increasing to an advanced world, without increasing the Island foot print will improve on this? After the project is over I will want to decrease back to a standard world with the same footprint. Is this my best route?
These users thanked the author Salie Davis for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: looking to up world performance for a few months

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Salie,

Server performance can be improved by switching your world to be an Advanced World but viewer performance depends on people's computers and the complexity of your world. The more you optimize your world the higher the viewer FPS people will get when they visit it. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... erformance

To maximize world performance by allocating the maximum amount of server resources to it you should switch your world type to Advanced World. You can do that by going to your world's Manage World dialog and clicking the Change world type link then selecting Advanced World and accepting the change. You'll then be sent to PayPal to update your PayPal subscription for our service. Once you've done that your world will be configured as an Advanced World the next time it's started. Doing this doesn't automatically change this world's size, that can be done separately if/when you wish to do so: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansTonia Kara
Salie Davis

Re: looking to up world performance for a few months

Post by Salie Davis »

Thank you, After experimenting with several alter-egos, joining the Island, The issue is 90% on the avatars end. The lower end computers I have and possibly the use of different or outdated viewers seem to render different experiences. I am continuing to Optimize the Island. I am working with scripting now and will keep an eye out for heavy scripts. I also have found the help articles very useful and with Island changes frequent, good to go back to. I appreciate the options to change the world type over the world size. That way if I want the extra feel good security that the users will have the best possible experience and that issues are less likely to be on my end, I can have that without actually changing the footprint. Thank you for providing a flexible experience and for the support.
These users thanked the author Salie Davis for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerTonia Kara