Store Category: Services

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Gusher Castaignede

Store Category: Services

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Am wondering if possible to add Services category to marketplace like SL has....that way creators can offer their specialty services..
These users thanked the author Gusher Castaignede for the post:
Ilan Tochner
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Ilan Tochner

Re: Store Category: Services

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Gusher,

Kitely Market is designed to provide trustworthy delivery of virtual goods. We are unable to track or verify the delivery of other forms of items and/or services. So, as we don't wish to provide a marketplace where we can't ensure buyers get what they've paid for, we don't provide categories for the sale of other forms of items and/or services.
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

You might want to look into it because the explosion of decentralized freelance services is rising and considering Kitely is a virtual marketplace it mades sense as an added benefit to creators offering services to inworld residents. SL has that category, its a matter of client and provider relationship that builds that trust, nothing complex ... I think Sansar is looking into it too... why see residents use other virtual currency platforms like bloacklancer or canwork when you can keep them all here....am thinking your more concerned about security because your not really sure whether its really the services users might be posting...
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

While I understand the need, I must also consider that companies that facilitate services that turn up to be illegal or require compliance with various employment or tax laws that aren't being strictly adhered to are assuming a very big potentially-business-ending risk. Kitely Market is a virtual goods marketplace and is managed as such. If we ever decide that we wish to open a services marketplace then we'll need to make sure we comply with the relevant international laws that may apply to such a service. It won't be as an opportunistic category addition to Kitely Market, it would be after a lot of research, legal guidance, and appropriate modification of our TOS.

In any case, thank you for your suggestion.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There is a forum category for Service Providers: viewforum.php?f=33

Would that be useful here?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner