THURSDAY December 12th at 7pm: ROCK CRYSTAL - A Christmas Tale pt2

Current and upcoming events
Shandon Loring

THURSDAY December 12th at 7pm: ROCK CRYSTAL - A Christmas Tale pt2

Post by Shandon Loring »

"terrifying and beautiful"

ROCK CRYSTAL
A Christmas Tale pt2
An unusual, moving, and memorable Christmas story. Two children—Conrad and his little sister, Sanna—set out from their village high up in the Alps to visit their grandparents in the neighboring valley. It is the day before Christmas but the weather is mild, though of course night falls early in December and the children are warned not to linger. The grandparents welcome the children with presents and pack them off with kisses. Then snow begins to fall, ever more thickly and steadily. Undaunted, the children press on, only to take a wrong turn. The snow rises higher and higher, time passes: it is deep night when the sky clears and Conrad and Sanna discover themselves out on a glacier, terrifying and beautiful, the heart of the void.

Rock Crystal was written in 1845 by Austrian writer Adalbert Stifter, about two missing children on Christmas Eve.

It has been called "a suspenseful, simple, myth-like story with majestic depictions of nature. A quiet and beautiful parable about the relation of people to places; of man to nature."

The author was said to be "one of the most extraordinary, the most enigmatic, the most secretly daring and the most strangely gripping narrators in world literature."

It was translated from German to English in 1945. The story has been adapted to film and TV several times.

Book: Rock Crystal Author: Adalbert Stifter

Join us in Second Life & Kitely

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/H ... /213/43/27

http://www.kitely.com/search?q=seanchai
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerFreda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Re: THURSDAY December 12th at 7pm: ROCK CRYSTAL - A Christmas Tale pt2

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I can't express how much I wish I could be awake when you guys have events in Kitely. I really miss attending. This one sounds underful!
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Shandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Re: THURSDAY December 12th at 7pm: ROCK CRYSTAL - A Christmas Tale pt2

Post by Shandon Loring »

Thank you Freda!
Wish we could have ya here! Its the silly RL thing that interferes...
That and the Catch22 you might be familiar with... if we had more audience we could offer more timeslots, and if we had more timeslots we might get more audience!

We do have a couple things in the works, after the 1st of the year we may have a new storyteller or two with better availability in Kitely, and my own RL schedule is about to become much more open as well.

In the meantime, again, thank you for the kind words!!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Freda Frostbite