Redelivery of very old orders

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Erik Bainbridge

Redelivery of very old orders

Post by Erik Bainbridge »

I bought a large number of items in a series of orders in 2014 and 2015 that were delivered to a different grid than my current grid. Is it possible to have them redelivered now to my current grid?

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Erik Bainbridge for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Redelivery of very old orders

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Erik,

Has the original grid you delivered the orders to shut down?
Erik Bainbridge

Sadly, it did shut down. It was a huge disappointment. I loved it and put a lot into it, and was hoping it might someday restart, but after four years, it's not going to happen.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Erik Bainbridge
Erik Bainbridge

If I'm reading that page correctly, I need to go to each of the merchants and request that the orders be redelivered to my Kitely avatar which I would then take to my grid and give to my avatar there. The problem with this is that most of the items I bought that I want most are non-transfer. Is there any way around this? Or am I misunderstanding it?

Thanks again. You must be spending most of your waking day in the forums! (which I appreciate).
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Kitely Market sales are licensed to the avatar to which their were delivered (see our TOS for details). That is why it's up to the merchants you bought the items from to decide whether they wish to give you new copies of those items for a different avatar. If they wish to do so then they can do this in one of two ways:

They can manually go inworld and meet your new avatar then give the items to it. As this is time consuming for them, and so not many will agree to do so, they can opt to instead use the automated method we explained in the aforementioned link. This method delivers the bought items to your Kitely avatar as if it was the original avatar for which the items were aquired.

Once your Kitely avatar has the items it will be able to give the ones that it got with the Transfer permission to your other avatar on the other grid. As you've stated that many of the items were not bought with the Transfer permission this automated method will not enable you to get the items to your new avatar. However, you'll still be able to use them with your Kitely avatar if you ever decide to start using it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Erik BainbridgeChris Namaste
Erik Bainbridge

Thanks. I wish it could be different, but I realize it's a difficult situation.
These users thanked the author Erik Bainbridge for the post:
Ilan Tochner