New decade ... new Idea ?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Marc d'Ax-d'Axat
Been thanked: 0

New decade ... new Idea ?

Post by Marc d'Ax-d'Axat »

I love the townhall meetings on kitely but …. just thought of an idea …
can they be held on other sims ?
Maybe some extra work to achieve this by Ilan & Oren, but just an idea to extend inclusiveness and community.
Hosting the community meeting on a different sim each Sunday ? … good idea or bad ?
cheers M.
Freda Frostbite

Re: New decade ... new Idea ?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Personally, I think it's not a great idea for three reasons (at least).

1. Moving meetings from venue to venue would create confusion.
2. Not everyone would be able to host meetings on their land and it might make them feel like second class citizens (for instance, those of us whose land is rated Adult).
3. These are Kitely community meetings. Although, there is a social element to the meetings, they are not prvate gatherings. They are public, for the whole community and should be (IMO) held on land that belongs to everyone (sort of).

There is absolutely no impediment to any and every member of the Kitely community attending the meetings, so moving them really doesn't seem necessary. If world owners would like to open their land for events, we can do so. I really wish more would.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerMarianna MonentesAda RadiusSelby EvansJohn MelaMarc d'Ax-d'Axat
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Freda Frostbite wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:21 pm
Personally, I think it's not a great idea for three reasons (at least).

I have loved events that move from venue to venue - there was a poetry writing group in Second Life c.2006-2007, before Talk, that had a different location each month, and it was fun and creative. So I like the idea in general. But:
4.Technical: teleporting in OS grids is different than in SL. Many people from other grids arrive at the Kitely Community meeting, and they're getting here in different ways. If we tried to move locations each week, we'd also have to make sure that the landing points on each of those sims was compatible with hypergrid teleporting - e.g. landing on land, not on a prim, and at the center of the sim, without relying on a scripted teleporters or other world settings.

1. Moving meetings from venue to venue would create confusion.
2. Not everyone would be able to host meetings on their land and it might make them feel like second class citizens (for instance, those of us whose land is rated Adult).
3. These are Kitely community meetings. Although, there is a social element to the meetings, they are not prvate gatherings. They are public, for the whole community and should be (IMO) held on land that belongs to everyone (sort of).
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Marc d'Ax-d'Axat wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:28 am
I love the townhall meetings on kitely but …. just thought of an idea …
can they be held on other sims ?
Maybe some extra work to achieve this by Ilan & Oren, but just an idea to extend inclusiveness and community.
Hosting the community meeting on a different sim each Sunday ? … good idea or bad ?
cheers M.
I agree with Freda about moving the meetings, but let's consider a different approach to those objectives: Identify a Kitely world to be the focus of attention at the start of the meeting. Representatives could tell via web links and answer questions.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 6):
Freda FrostbiteJohn MelaIlan TochnerMarc d'Ax-d'AxatAda RadiusMoonrise Azalee
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Selby-- I love that idea!