Vehicle script & animesh

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Kaylee West
Has thanked: 0

Vehicle script & animesh

Post by Kaylee West »

HI all,

Two quick questions about vehicles and animesh.

What is the current state of play with vehicles that can be driven in Kitely regions? I read a post from Ilan from 2018 where he said that he strongly recommends not using vehicle scripts that rely on vehicles being set to physical. Has this changed yet? I have been testing a script that I modded and it works ok for a while, but then starts acting erratically. Is there a vehicle script out there that will work in Kitely regions?

Secondly, has animesh been implemented in Kitely regions?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Kaylee
These users thanked the author Kaylee West for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Vehicle script & animesh

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kaylee,

We're currently in the process of integrating our more than 600 proprietary OpenSim patches with the latest OpenSim 0.9.1 code. Once we roll out this system upgrade, any scripting and physics related feature that works well on other OpenSim grids will work on Kitely as well. We expect to deploy this system update within the next couple of months.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 5):
Chris NamasteGraham Millsmikka NomadKoshari MahanaKimm Starr
Kaylee West
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kaylee West »

Hey Ilan,

Thank you so much for responding. I know how busy you are, so I really appreciate it. So, I will hold off on any further development of my vehicle script and the animesh Nice for the moment. I am hoping to incorporate both into lessons at our new language school on Kitely, but that can wait until a bit further down the track.

Thanks so much again!

Kaylee
These users thanked the author Kaylee West for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Are there any guides, tutorials on how to upload animated meshes? Do they require bones or can they just be keyframed? More details and information would be helpful. I'm guessing it still uses dae format and not fbx?
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:16 am
Hi Kaylee,

We're currently in the process of integrating our more than 600 proprietary OpenSim patches with the latest OpenSim 0.9.1 code. Once we roll out this system upgrade, any scripting and physics related feature that works well on other OpenSim grids will work on Kitely as well. We expect to deploy this system update within the next couple of months.
Will we be able to use simple path follow scripts in the future? I can't seem to find any scripts for Kitely that work and I have tried several. I have some that work great in SL. I really want moving cars on my NYC Sim. If anyone has a script that works, I would be willing to buy it. I'm not much of a scripter at all, so any of the scripts online that need tweaking, I'm lost. Thanks!
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kimm,

IIRC SL-like pathfinding has never been implemented in OpenSim. Diva did some work on it years ago but I believe it was never brought to fruition. If it is ever completed and integrated into OpenSim in a resource efficient way then we'll add it to Kitely as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Kimm Starr