Billboards

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Gusher Castaignede

Billboards

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Does Opensim support billboards that always face the camera? If so, how do I direct the billboard prim to always face camera view? Is there a script for that? Would it be a particle script? .... can you suggest a fullperm optimized example to work efficiently with Kitely's latest opensim version update? THANKS!
These users thanked the author Gusher Castaignede for the post:
Ilan Tochner
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Zed deTremont

Re: Billboards

Post by Zed deTremont »

By my knowledge not Gusher, at least not in the style as used on trees, plants etc in for example Unity. This would be really useful though since it can reduce the geometry of trees considerable while making them appear more dense. If you find or make something in this style pls keep me updated.
Gusher Castaignede

Re: Billboards

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Zed deTremont wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:24 am
By my knowledge not Gusher, at least not in the style as used on trees, plants etc in for example Unity. This would be really useful though since it can reduce the geometry of trees considerable while making them appear more dense. If you find or make something in this style pls keep me updated.

After researching a bit I saw some people using particle scripts to do it, but I prefer prim based as you have greater control over texture, but not sure yet.... however, have not figured out how to prevent camera follow vertically.... here's the code... if you find out how to stop camera follow vertically please share.... thanks!

viewtopic.php?p=27023#p27023
These users thanked the author Gusher Castaignede for the post:
Zed deTremont
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor