Cannot offer my Tipjars on the Market because of an undefined Error

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Jessi deVil

Cannot offer my Tipjars on the Market because of an undefined Error

Post by Jessi deVil »

Hi,

I was happy as i noticed Kitely is on 0.9.1 because so my Tipjars would work here too. But i cannot offer them because i get this Error:
https://gyazo.com/04c0ddfe5632a4c90a768c8795be10af
Its business as usual because Errors always happen when i try to set something for sale. But this time i cannot solve it. Even to deliver the Debug Version fails with this Error: https://gyazo.com/afa144c51c4ae553b9e878e0b8a6a1bd and yes delivery is set to my Kitely Avi. I even tho get something delivered, the Notecard and the LM but not the Tipjar. I tried the following things to solve the problem:
i re-uploaded the Mesh to Kitely
The cube do not use any graphics anymore except the blank graphic, btw i uploaded even my blank graphic.
I copied the Text of the imported Scripts to new in Kitely generated Scripts, same with the Config Notecard.
The poofer graphic i uploaded again too.
So every little Thing used for this Tipjar now is created by my Kitely Avatar.

Also i mailed with Ilan and followed his Advice: Please rezz the item, take out the objects it contains and rezz them then place them back into the object and take the object into your inventory. Once that's done Add the item you just did this to to your Kitely Market product listing.

It do not matter what i am doing, the result always is the same. I have no Ideas anymore. That already costed me round about 6 Hours and no luck. I tried it with two more Tipjars but its always the same.

Regards

Chris
Ilan Tochner

Re: Cannot offer my Tipjars on the Market because of an undefined Error

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

You said you uploaded the mesh again. Was that using the viewer, by getting it from an avatar from a different grid, or by uploading it into Kitely using an OAR file?

When you look inworld at these objects, who does it show as the Creator? Is it your Kitely avatar or one from a different grid?

Does the Tipjar contain other objects? Is it a linkset? If so, please rezz the items, take out what it contains, check their Creator information and permissions, then place them back inside the item and take it into your inventory. If it's a linkset then please rezz it, unlink it, check the Creator information and permissions of its components, then relink it and take it back into your inventory.

Once you've done that please add the item into a new Kitely Market product listing (so we'll be able to check the one giving you the parsing errors).
Jessi deVil

Post by Jessi deVil »

I used the original dae file. Every part of this Tipjar has my Kitely Avatar as the owner and creator from the Mesh to the scripts. Even the blank Image i uploaded. No Hypergrid Transfer or oar. Just uploaded all from my Harddrive with Firestorm 6.0.2 without using the Analyze Button. Physics Setting to Low.

It is not a Linkset. Inside are the Scripts, the config Notecard and the Poofer graphic. All has my Kitely Avatar as Creator and owner. I am at the Merchants Sandbox. You can have a look anytime.

Regards Chris
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Jessi,

Please try removing everything from inside the mesh object and just uploading it to the marketplace. Does it still give the error? If not, please place into it one of the objects you mentioned and then add the mesh to the marketplace. Does it give you the error? Please repeat this process until you find the object that causes the error once it's added inside the mesh object and then let us know what that object was.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Jessi deVil

Post by Jessi deVil »

It seems it is the Mesh. No idea why, it looks right for me. I'll try now to upload it again with CoolVL.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you able to open that file in Blender? If so, try resaving it then uploading that into Kitely.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Jessi deVil

Post by Jessi deVil »

Uploading to Kitely with CoolVL Viewer worked, the blank Mesh brings no Error, but only until i change the Permissions. if i change the Permissions to Copy / Trans for the next owner, then the Error comes back. The Error stays then even if i change the Permissions back to trans. I need to sleep. Not sure if thats worth it, especially if i think i have 6 more tipjars and i already know 2 have the same problem.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I have checked the item "Magic Cube Tipjar v1.5a", and I found the problem. The prim's "Text" field contains an invalid character that causes the XML parser to fail.

In XML, the text looks like this:

Code: Select all

Tips for DJ Jessi deVil

Ready for the first tip

�
The "�" at the end is invalid XML.

This character probably doesn't look like that when you are editing the prim inside the viewer. You probably can't even see this character. But I believe that if you delete the end of the prim's text, or perhaps rewrite it from scratch, then this character will disappear.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 5):
Graham MillsSelby EvansShandon LoringJessi deVilChris Namaste
Jessi deVil

Post by Jessi deVil »

Thanks that helped. And because i am a lazy bum i found a "Workaround". The Text you mentioned was Script generated but no idea why these characters are at the end. So i removed the Script causing the Error, deleted the Hovertext with another little Script and then added the Script again and picked up the Tipjar quick before the Config Notecard was read. Now it works.

Regards Jessi :)
These users thanked the author Jessi deVil for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerOren Hurvitz