LOGIN FAILS Continuously.

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Michael Campbell 2
Has thanked: 0

LOGIN FAILS Continuously.

Post by Michael Campbell 2 »

I tried to log into my world for five hours-9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. mountain time USA on April 7 & 8. I receive a message that I'm already waiting to be teleported to a merchants world. When I go to Kitely Market I discover that I'm already "Connected" to that world and can't disconnect. I'm relatively new here but have invested time and money ($130.00 in last 8 days) in Kitely and I'm having serious thoughts about the organization. Is the system down? OSGRID and SL have the status of their site at login so you know when the system is down.
Alan Bolero

Re: LOGIN FAILS Continuously.

Post by Alan Bolero »

Hi Michael

I am facing the same issue in Europe and am haapy that I am not alone with this problem. Hopefully the issue will be picked up and resolved. I have sent an email to the support mailbox.

kind regards
Alan
Alan Bolero

Post by Alan Bolero »

HI Michael - I just received an email from Ilan and the issue is resolved and a structural solution implemented.

Thanks to Ilan for such a swift response.

Rgds
Alan
These users thanked the author Alan Bolero for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Micheal and Alan,

I apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we had undetected system issues in one of our servers that our monitoring should have caught but didn't. This caused all sorts of problems, one of them with logins. Unfortunately, real-life issues prevented us from seeing your messages. In other words, a system failed, a system that was supposed to alert us of that failure didn't function, and we didn't read emails and forums posts for a few hours so weren't alerted of the issue from your messages.

Once we did become aware of the problem we restarted the service and all Kitely functions resumed working. We are now investigating both what caused this service failure and why the system that should have alerted us about it didn't do so.

Kitely uses many complex systems and sometimes some of them fail and are restarted automatically. We've worked hard to make our system robust enough to handle those cases to avoid downtime but in rare cases something can happen that can prevent the system from recovering automatically. When that happens our automated monitoring systems should catch it and alert us to the problem. If those alerts don't do so then emails and forums posts do. Unfortunately today, a series of events prevented us from providing a quick resolution to this problem.

This duration of (even partial) service unavailability is something that should never happen and we'll continue working hard to ensure that it doesn't.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansFrank SquirrelHerder
Michael Campbell 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Michael Campbell 2 »

Many thanks to Alan and Ilan, their quick response to my recent post proves that this is a viable forum. Horay! Special thanks to Ilan for the detailed explanation it's very much appreciated.
These users thanked the author Michael Campbell 2 for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

Had the same problem earlier, I'm in now, so looks good