Access problems?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Annabelle Fanshaw
Has thanked: 0

Access problems?

Post by Annabelle Fanshaw »

I am having problems with access for my visitors. I have checked the Land, Parcel and Region settings and nobody is banned, and I have opened it to hypergrid visitors too. My friends are telling me that the "parcel is restricted". Does anyone have a suggestion about how I can lift this restriction so that they can visit?
These users thanked the author Annabelle Fanshaw for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Access problems?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Annabelle Fanshaw

Post by Annabelle Fanshaw »

Hi.
Ok, have tried and retried all the suggestions that seemed applicable in the SL wiki article. I still cannot get the parcel to open up. The only folks who get access are people I have made Estate managers. The message everyone else gets is "this parcel is restricted"
Does anyone have an idea as to how I can clear this?
Many thanks for any and all help.
A
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Annabelle,

Please clear all the names you've set in the Always Allowed list in the Region Settings then ask one of the people who can't currently enter your world to try doing so now by logging into the Kitely grid and then pressing the Enter World button on your world's World Page: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/An ... ects-World
Best Guest
Been thanked: 0

Post by Best Guest »

OK, took everyone off the Access list, and tried to log my alternate Avatar into the world - still got "Login failed, This parcel is restricted, and you are not on the access list."
I checked to see if my land had been divided accidentally, it is one piece and all wholly under my possession.
I don't have any scripts running that would interfere with avatars that I know of.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
A
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We found the problem that was preventing you from entering the parcel. It relates to an OpenSim bug that will need to be fixed. The problem is that the parcel had set access restrictions and OpenSim was using the parcel access settings even though "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" was disabled. The problem was hard to find because the actual parcel settings weren't being shown in the parcel access tab because the "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" was disabled. This meant that until we enabled the "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" setting in the region settings we couldn't see the more restrictive parcel settings.

The solution was to enable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive", open the parcel settings to ensure they are not restricting access, then disable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" in the region settings and enable "Anyone can visit".
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 5):
Selby EvansAda RadiusChris NamasteSally CherrySnoots Dwagon
Paul Wesser

Post by Paul Wesser »

taking in consideration that i was having a very similar problem arimidex bodybuilding, i want to say a very big thanks for the reponse. will try and see if it works. thanks again.
Last edited by Paul Wesser on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Paul Wesser for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Alan Bolero

Post by Alan Bolero »

Hi Ilan

I cannot login at all and same for my Alt.

Kind regards
Alan Bolero
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alan,

What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in? What world are you trying to log into and how are you doing so?
Alan Bolero

Post by Alan Bolero »

Hi Ilan

Login message is:

"Could not authenticate your avatar. Please check your username and password"

I know my old password. It is something i never forget and when I try to reset it on Kitely.com, it says my old password is not correct. Is it possible to force a reset for me?

Kind regards
Alan