account closure

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Evanescence Cuntiva
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

account closure

Post by Evanescence Cuntiva »

hello how do i close my kitely account please? i do not like that i cannot share an item i uploaded even to myself on another grid.
i do not like that i cant see friends online from other grids. i do not like that i cannot teleport to some places. i left this grid because
my region did not even show online for opensimworld unless i was there and i had no traffic. i do not like that your market does not work
properly. can you please close my account or tell me how? I have regions elsewhere now and i do not need this account.please and thanks.
Evanescence Cuntiva
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: account closure

Post by Evanescence Cuntiva »

also when i go to another grid all of my items show "unavailable". This does not happen on new grid.
i should not have to recreate my items on a new grid.
I thought i did not likeopensim, but i realize now that i just do not like kitely.
Ilan Tochner

Re: account closure

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Evanescence,

I'll address the issues you've raised in turn, as you're making uninformed claims, then I'll let you know how you can go about closing your account.

1) Your avatar on different grids is not "yourself" it is treated by OpenSim as different avatars. So items that are no-Transfer can't be transferred between them. When your avatar does have Transfer permission for an item, export controls may apply, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/. But if the item was fully uploaded by you into Kitely then you should have both Copy and Transfer permissions for it and thus you won't be hampered by this content protection system (that exists to help people control the exportability of content that they create).

2) OpenSim grids don't send online information to other grids, you will only see this information if both users are currently located inside the same grid (both belonging to the same grid, both visiting a third-party grid, or one of them visiting the other's grid). This isn't a Kitely specific issue, it's how all OpenSim grids work.

3) Some OpenSim grids require Hypergrid visitors to complete an online GDPR compliance form before they can visit those grids. So it's important that you read the error message you get when a teleport to another grid fails to understand whether it is your home grid (Kitely or other) that is blocking the teleport or the grid you're trying to teleport to. As for teleports we block ourselves, Kitely currently blocks travel to only a handful of other grids that are known for their cavalier attitude towards copyrights or for knowingly hosting pedophile content. If those are the grids you wish to visit then I agree that you shouldn't be a Kitely user.

4) OpenSimWorlds requires regions to be active for them to appear online, as having a region be non-active on all non-Kitely OpenSim grids means that you can't visit those regions. However, in Kitely you can teleport to all worlds that aren't Stored even when they aren't active as they will be automatically brought online when you initiate the teleport. OpenSimWorlds could change their system to reflect this but they haven't done so.

5) There are more active regions on the Hypergrid than there are active Hypergrid users. So if you want to get people to visit your region you'll need to do a lot more than list it in OpenSimWorlds or any other region directory.

6) Saying the marketplace doesn't work properly is a non constructive comment. If you have a specific problem I can help you resolve it.

7) OpenSim avatars have a folder called "My Suitcase". Items you place inside that folder are provided to other grids when you visit them. Access to items that aren't placed in that folder should be blocked by your home grid. If it isn't doing that then it isn't protecting your inventory, which means that any grid you visit can mess up or delete items from your inventory. If you've chosen to move to a grid that has disabled this functionality then you are placing your inventory at risk.

To delete your Kitely account go to your Kitely account Settings page then click the Delete account link and complete the confirmation steps: https://www.kitely.com/settings
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusSelby Evans