Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (January 24)

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (January 24)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Today's Kitely Community Meeting will be held at 1:00pm PST in Kitely Welcome Center.

(See timezone information here: http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... ific-time/.)

The meeting will be a social gathering with an opportunity for newcomers to ask questions and old hands to exchange information about projects and events.

We'll start by answering any questions that you may have about the Kitely grid and our new deal for always-on Dedicated Server worlds.

We'll then take questions about our Organizations (virtual grids) offering and our features for supporting large multi-world events.

If you haven't seen this already, please view the video in this blog post that demonstrates the results of our optimization efforts.

There will then be time for Kitely and non-Kitely members to discuss whatever else meets your fancy. Please join us.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Gregg LegendaryAda Radius
Snoots Dwagon

Re: Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (January 24)

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Meeting Summary as reported by Snoots Dwagon:

* Early in the meeting the observation was made there were not enough cookie jars and rum kegs sitting out in Kitely. Amazingly this observation received no response. We can only recognize this as silent and tacit agreement with the statement. I look forward to this being remedied soon.

* Several lame jokes and puns were presented by various attendees throughout the meeting. Keep up the good work.

* There seemed to be some discrimination against Dwagons as more than one attendee failed to take all Dwagon comments seriously. Perhaps we could benefit from an event on proper view toward Minority Winged Lizard species on Kitely. All four Dwagons currently on Kitely would certainly appreciate the respect due to a species that has the ability to swipe a keg of rums -- undetected -- from even the most eagle-eyed barkeep.

* Mook was once again dressed in the finest Paris fashion, lacking only a light column of smoke coming from his stovepipe hat.

* Resident Dot Matrix made several points that proved to be consistently valid. Is reason and logic supposed to be allowed at these meetings?

* Announcement was made of an upcoming Automated Update of the Kitely Welcome Center Market Display... which is of course wunnerful news as we will now regularly see new items at the Welcome Center while we're waiting for our World-Load Taxi. The ranking and choosing of displayed items will depend largely on how much money merchants spend on land and advertising with Kitely, along with selection by "best selling". It was observed that this economy-based preferential decision is biased against which merchants can eat the most cookies in a single setting and build entire Wee Towns... and thus should be reconsidered. Perhaps a percentage of the Display Kiosks (20%?) could be dedicated to showing totally random items from the entire Market, just to shake up the variety a bit and encourage new merchants when they see their items on display at Kitely Welcome.

* It was observed that seating at the Meeting made no automatic allowance for Wees. Attendees are in hopes this critical oversight is soon remedied with one of the auto-multi-sitters available on the grid (certain ones specifically designed to accommodate both biggies and Wees and available free of charge). There was also a noted lack of popcorn, hot chocolate and fireworks during the meeting-- obvious oversights.

* Ilan as always was patient and cool, opening the floor to pretty much any comment and observation. Answers were open and honest. Surely this weekly meeting with one of the grid owners is a unique forum-- and one of the things that makes Kitely wooterful.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 7):
Ilan TochnerGregg LegendaryAda RadiusChris NamasteMook WheelerAlexina ProctorPrax Maryjasz
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

You ferget also the lack of actual kite flying at the kitely meeting....
These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post (total 4):
Snoots DwagonAda RadiusChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
Mook Wheeler

Post by Mook Wheeler »

Surely this weekly meeting with one of the grid owners is a unique forum-- and one of the things that makes Kitely wooterful.
Agreed! I don't say much, but I learn a lot, each Sunday. I also believe Ilan and Oren do not sleep, ever.
These users thanked the author Mook Wheeler for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteSnoots Dwagon
Mook Wheeler

Post by Mook Wheeler »

That was my first attempt at using the 'Quote' thingy, and as you can see, didn't quite get it right. I must have somehow deleted the bit that goes "Snoots says" heh heh. :)
These users thanked the author Mook Wheeler for the post:
Snoots Dwagon