Deeding Land to Group

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Tristan Lawksley

Deeding Land to Group

Post by Tristan Lawksley »

Previously, we were able to deed two (of nine) regions to a group, however, recently we attempted to change one of them to a different group (which included returning the land to Karen first.) and it has failed. On her end it shows the deed option to be greyed out, but on my end it shows the option white. Use of the button on my end makes no difference - ownership never passes (Group Owned), and land management fails. On other regions in the world, her deed option remains greyed out, despite allowing her to tick it off the box to deed. This has been tested in megaregion mode and outside of it.

Clients: Firestorm (OpenSim version) on Linux (Mine) and Windows 7 (Hers)
Oren Hurvitz

Re: Deeding Land to Group

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Tristan,

First, please perform such operations when not in Megaregion mode; that's more likely to succeed. Second, what are the exact parcels that are the problem (name and location); who currently owns them (Owner and Group); and who you would like them to be owned by? If you're uncomfortable sharing this in the forum then you can email or PM me.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Tristan Lawksley

Oren Hurvitz wrote:Hi Tristan,

First, please perform such operations when not in Megaregion mode; that's more likely to succeed. Second, what are the exact parcels that are the problem (name and location); who currently owns them (Owner and Group); and who you would like them to be owned by? If you're uncomfortable sharing this in the forum then you can email or PM me.
We attempted the operation in both megaregion mode and outside of it, but noted.

The following region (named aa at the moment) is currently owned by Karen Vela (Group is listed as Kinky Scouts). The region needs to be deeded to the Kinky Scouts group. Objects on the land need, if possible, to remain under their current ownership and not transferred to the group.

hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Enchanted%20Madness%201%2C3/133/128/23
Tristan Lawksley

And now I feel like a moron... the issue is non-existent (outside of the issues that exist with Estate Managers). Using group tools, the person deeding the land to group must have group based ability to do so - which I neither of us thought about for some reasons. We solved the entire ordeal by creating an estate manager role in the group with parcel rights.

Thank you, Oren, for your time with this.
These users thanked the author Tristan Lawksley for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineJean Swashbuckler
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

It is great to hear the solution, Tristan! Future groups can benefit from that. :)

Adagio
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post:
Jean Swashbuckler