Bug

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
ShowStopper Eclipse

Bug

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

I created some shirts to put in the marketplace and when I went to add them to my store all the names of the new shirts I just made were reverted to "New Shirt". The permissions were also changed to "T" when I had them at "CM". When I went back in-world to see what was going on the names looked fine at first until I clicked on the shirts and watched the names change to "New Shirt". The texture of each respective shirt was unchanged however. I renamed the shirts and saved them in-world but when I went back to the market to add them to my store the names were changed again to "New Shirt" and the same thing happened in-world as before. No other objects were effected (as far as I know).
Ilan Tochner

Re: Bug

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi ShowStopper,

Please provide the inventory path to these shirts and their UUIDs.
ShowStopper Eclipse

Alright. Here they are:

Inventory > Clothing

2a34870a-ab58-0bd0-ee76-6665aebd7358

8a8c10d2-4167-e228-a873-4658ddfffbcd

0c4c9d5a-fe38-a085-9f3d-bb8cd1abff34

191f9459-f3e4-26aa-f016-a04cf1d994c6

191f9459-f3e4-26aa-f016-a04cf1d994c6
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

These are all currently named "New Shirt", please rename them to what you want them to be then close your viewer and log back in to verify that they retained those names.

What viewer are you using?
ShowStopper Eclipse

I did as you suggested and I clicked on one of the shirts and the name changed to "New Shirt". I'm using Firestorm 4.4.0.33720OS on Linux.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

OK, so it doesn't seem that the bug is with the marketplace changing inventory but rather with the name changes you make in the viewer not persisting.

Please try logging in with another viewer and repeating the aforementioned test to see whether the problem is viewer specific. If it is, you may wish to delete your current Firestorm installation and reinstalling it (or manually deleting the inventory cache files which aren't removed when you do clear cache using the viewer GUI option).
ShowStopper Eclipse

I did the test with Imprudence and the settings stayed the way I wanted them. I'll reinstall Firestorm later. Thanks for the help.
These users thanked the author ShowStopper Eclipse for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

I found this bug too. Item was reverted at previous name and changed CM perms into T, after including into market product. I am sure this item - system pants - never has been Transfer before. I loged-in, renamed the item and changed perms, deleted from Market product, waited a bit, added it again and it is ok now.
There is probably some delay between web and in-world inventory.
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I found that when I'm uploading to marketplace from inventory and the perms don't match, that clearing cache and refreshing the browser fixed all of the most frustrating difficulties with perms on system clothing, skins, tats, etc. Not switching viewers, also, duh, I did that a few times before the lightbulb went on. Then delete, re-upload, yada. For anything primmy: rez inworld, fix the perms, take back into inventory, re-upload, possibly ditto with clearing cache and refreshing the browser (ty to Miney on that one). Perms a bayitch we hatesit.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ada Radius wrote:I found that when I'm uploading to marketplace from inventory and the perms don't match, that clearing cache and refreshing the browser fixed all of the most frustrating difficulties with perms on system clothing, skins, tats, etc. Not switching viewers, also, duh, I did that a few times before the lightbulb went on. Then delete, re-upload, yada. For anything primmy: rez inworld, fix the perms, take back into inventory, re-upload, possibly ditto with clearing cache and refreshing the browser (ty to Miney on that one). Perms a bayitch we hatesit.
I had just come across it in a grid once where it was a major issue for some folx. Glad to be of some help tho-))

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...