Minethere's

Stores, items and deals
Constance Peregrine

Re: Minethere's

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:Will come and check it out later :)
I'm sure there is something I need sound wise, but I'm armed with technology and a will to use it !
lol..tech away DD-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Allen Partridge wrote:It all 'sounds' very good Miney. ;) Went in to the shop and bought a few sounds. It was a good chance to explore a bit more of the Plaza too. Is it just me or is the plaza a bit laggy? I'm guessing it doesn't get the auto-restarts nearly as often as regular regions?

--Allen
Thank you Allen...I saw ur purchases just now-)) If there are any issues with them please let me know. It has been a while since I have had commercial interests in this manner and I tried to look them over well but I may have missed something.

I already noted I need to add the name of the sound to the name as well as in the description which I will fix this morning and add the last 2 sounds to get my quota done-))

The history on the website is so very useful in Kitely...

I do not know how often they do restarts there, but that is a good point...it has been my experience that restarts should be done weekly at the very least...more often if it seems needed.

Others have mentioned lag there. I log in with draw at 24 which is Astra's minimum to compensate but even still I think it is all the variety of textures there which cause this for some folx. Since that is what makes the Plaza so interesting, I don't know what could be done to change that, or if it even should be.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Allen,

Kitely Plaza is a community build and as such suffers from a lot of unoptimized content. Mainly a lot of high-def textures, sculpt maps, and meshes that consume many megabytes of data and therefore can take quite a while to download. If you check the viewer stats you'll see that the lag isn't viewer side but rather resulting from the load put on your viewer while it tries to download and rezz all that unoptimized data.

The plaza used to have a lot of unoptimized scripts as well but those I've tracked down and optimized/eliminated so the load on the server is currently reasonable.

Being an always-on world, the plaza isn't restarted often so that can effect server side lag but that is rarely the cause of the lag that you can experience when visiting the plaza.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I find the main plaza lag is worst on first teleport, and after loading it's not anywhere near as bad. I've usually got my draw distance quite (ok, very) high normally though.

If you activate develop menu -> show info -> show time, it shows you how long you have been in world, and how much time is spent downloading textures. Once they are downloaded, the lag pretty much goes away. It does take a long time to download textures in Kitley plaza though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Constance Peregrine

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:I find the main plaza lag is worst on first teleport, and after loading it's not anywhere near as bad. I've usually got my draw distance quite (ok, very) high normally though.

If you activate develop menu -> show info -> show time, it shows you how long you have been in world, and how much time is spent downloading textures. Once they are downloaded, the lag pretty much goes away. It does take a long time to download textures in Kitley plaza though.
Ok...I added sounds and fixed more issues-))

foghorn
deer buck
clapping
deer chaser

So I added some sounds useful in gestures...all FP but no re-sell as-is please or I come find ya and go all Texas girl on ya!!

nice tip on the show time-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Ok NOW I am done for now...lol

I found some more gestures sounds and bundled 5 for 100 KC for ya.

woot
yeaaa
yeacrowd
yeehaaaa

and one I made for a furry friend I knew:

yiffy
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Ada Radius

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Great shop, neighbor!
I just bought everything, I think. I have a young granddaughter who loves VR and will giggle at all of it.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Ada Radius wrote:Great shop, neighbor!
I just bought everything, I think. I have a young granddaughter who loves VR and will giggle at all of it.

omg!! i just got a ton of IMs from your purchase-)) I thought Kitely was spamming me when I first saw the number...lol

Guess I should have done this shop sooner....

tyvm Ada and I now have even more to spend on the market-)))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It seems there are quite a few people looking to buy quality content in Kitely...

I think merchants who are procrastinating on setting up an inworld shop and a Kitely Market store are loosing out on easy sales :-)
Constance Peregrine

Ilan Tochner wrote:It seems there are quite a few people looking to buy quality content in Kitely...

I think merchants who are procrastinating on setting up an inworld shop and a Kitely Market store are losing out on easy sales :-)
Apparently so Ilan...I am not really into commercial things so I kinda didn't think on offering this in this manner. But it is fun tho...lol

eta: except my terrains...lol

And I trust you are helping my friend I mentioned to you get his shop there. He has a ton!! of absolutely wonderfully created content he can bring in.
Last edited by Constance Peregrine on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ephemeral wanderer...