KC or USD

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Amiryu Hosoi

KC or USD

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey hey,

As I told in this forum I am very busy transfering my inventory from SL to Kitely. While doing this I need to fix scripts, permissions, rebox, recalculate pricing, etc. Now, What I want your opinion about is the pricing of items. In SL all my pricing is in Linden Dollars. In Kitely I am forced to use USD because I cannot get KC out of Kitely. Even I myself have to rethink about pricing when I see the USD price tag. When a price tag is set to LD or KC then its just "play money" and I don't even think of the real USD value. What do you think;

Will it scare away customers when they see product pricing in USD instead of KC?
Will USD pricing make customers rethink twice before purchasing a product?
Will KC pricing in a way disquise the "real" price and make customers buy your product easier?
Will it be possible in the future to exchange KC to USD and to Paypal?

Juts a few points I am curious about.

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dot Matrix

Re: KC or USD

Post by Dot Matrix »

For lower-cost items I'd suggest pricing in both KC and USD (say up to about 10 USD), but for the big-ticket items go for USD only.

I suspect many of us do a quick mental conversion of KC to USD, using either 300 KC to 1 USD or 1000 KC to 4 or 5 USD, depending on the different discount rates we use to buy KC. Because the rates are fixed, it makes it easy to do this sort of calculation, unlike in SL with its variable rate.

Kitely has said that it will never be possible to change KC into USD, now or in the future.

However, you can use KC to pay for Kitely services, unlike the situation in SL where land tier requires USD.

Speaking personally now: Many of your items are aspirational. They are not impulse purchases.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

My own personal view, at this time and subject to change, is that I like seeing the option of paying in either KC or USD.

As Dot mentioned, since you can use KC to pay your land rentals here, it has much value even when not allowing cashouts. [I am reminded of what one grid owner had, and may still have, in their profile...saying, paraphrased "I do not pay for my servers using inworld money, and I cannot accept inworld money to pay for tier either"]...so I like how Kitely allows this option.

Also, one has to have a verified paypal account to purchase via USD, which I personally do not have, and I am sure others do not either who may wish to purchase items using only KCs.

There are several valid reasons for not having a verified paypal account, or for even wishing to use paypal here in that regard if one does.

I do buy stuff on the market, most of which I will never likely use, using my KC nestegg, simply to support folx in their sales, as I can. [all obtained thru my own sales and a contest Ohn Lang had in the past, and from a friend]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I'd say price in both if you can, choice is better for the customer.
Dollars are almost like "real money" to me, anything in KC seems MUCH cheaper somehow
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Minethere,

You only need a verified PayPal account to get USD payouts from Kitely Market. You don't need to have a verified PayPal account to buy items listed in USD.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Constance Peregrine

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Minethere,

You only need a verified PayPal account to get USD payouts from Kitely Market. You don't need to have a verified PayPal account to buy items listed in USD.
oh...ok, ty...I might look into that more then.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

As a customer, I've noticed I stop and think more when the price is listed as USD, it's much easier to stop and remember to think about budgeting. Logically, when something is listed in KC, I do mentally calculate that out to USD, but sort of quickly and dismissively, LOL. For items that I am interested in that are more than a couple of USD, seeing the USD price does make me take longer to getting around to buying it.

On the other hand, if I imagine myself being a store owner, since I can't cashout KC, even though I could use KC to pay for Kitely services like rent and OAR import/exports, it costs so little to be in Kitely, it would seem much easier just to sell everything in USD.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I know that anyone is allowed to use KC in their account to pay for Kitely services. Is it also possible for merchants to use USD in their accounts to pay for Kitely services?
This could be a useful option in cases where you don't have quite enough USD in your account to qualify for a PayPal payout.

Thanks,

Deuce
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Constance Peregrine

Deuce Halsey wrote:I know that anyone is allowed to use KC in their account to pay for Kitely services. Is it also possible for merchants to use USD in their accounts to pay for Kitely services?
This could be a useful option in cases where you don't have quite enough USD in your account to qualify for a PayPal payout.

Thanks,

Deuce
I do think so-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Deuce,

Are you referring to using USD earned by your Kitely Market store before you've accumulated the $10 in cleared funds required for a payout? (we can't use funds that have not cleared yet as they may be disputed by the buyer)