Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Constance Peregrine

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Welcome Ander-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Ander Freejack wrote:Taking a break for content creating for a while and trying to learn how to build a RP game. One of the ideas I'm trying to work in to my game is that it's all so an in character destination guide, to games and interesting places out side of my game.
I would love for there to be a bi-weekly meeting on creating role play worlds in Kitely.One of us RPers should start the group "Role Players of Kitely Worlds" and host some meetings.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Serendipity Seraph

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

Hi there,

I am Serendipity Seraph, high angel of taking maximal good advantage of chance happenings. :) So naturally I want to take advantage of the wonderful cloud-born grid which is Kitely. I am more impressed and happy to be in Kitely by the day. Fanstastic job.

I was first rezzed in SecondLife back in the wilderness year of 2004. For a long time I really didn't 'get it' concerning virtual worlds. I think I first really caught on around 2007 or so. I spend a lot of my time in world in SL in various group meetings and events, especially my own group, The Fulfillment. The Fulfillment is a near-term H+/futurist group. We attempt to refine what kind of world we want to see say 30-50 years out. We monitor multiple areas of technology, energy, economics but mainly focus on common areas you would expert such as longevity, robots, space travel and exploitation, AI, Intelligence Augmentation, new energy sources, nanotechnology, new computer and device tech. We look for stuff just surfacing in the lab and for what it will take on multiple levels including the soft levels to get 'there' from 'here'. I haven't yet moved or set up meetings on one of my Kitely regions but it is coming. It is hard getting SL folks with nice skins and huge inventories to begin again in opensim, even in as hassle free and high performance space like Kitely. And to be honest I haven't finished the work of setting up the new meeting space either. In particular I haven't found or cobbled together a really good slide presenter.

I do some bulding and I don't suck at it when I put my mind to it. Less scripting although I want to do more of that. I am a really good software engineer in RL and have on my list to dive into opensim codebase.
These users thanked the author Serendipity Seraph for the post (total 4):
Bladyblue BommerangOhn LangAdagio GreenwoodDanko Whitfield
Constance Peregrine

Welcome Serendipity Seraph-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serendipity,

We're hoping that with the upcoming Kitely Market and the SL merchants which will use it to sell their wares, it will become easier for SL residents to move over from Second Life to Kitely.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I joined Second Life in 2007. It said 2008 on another Kitely site, but I actually checked this time. I really enjoyed it there, but was fascinated when I found out about opensim and some of the associated worlds in 2010. The first world I spent much time in was Inworldz, which I joined in 2010. After reading an article in Hypergrid Business about a start up called Kitely in March of 2011, I had to join. I joined under my real name and then signed my avatar up in December of 2011. That's the date you'll see listed on my profile since I deleted my other account.

I contacted Kitely in May last year about an article I was writing. Ilan responded almost immediately. It was surprising to be contacted personally by the CEO and have all my questions answered. He explained the Kitely vision, what they had done to date and were planning for the future. I began to attend Mentor's meetings and was astonished as more and more improvements were planned and then implemented. Someone would show up at a meeting with a complaint or suggestion and the next thing you knew, Oren and Ilan were on it. I can't think of one instance when they didn't respond to a request.

I've never ceased to be amazed by the great people and creators that have been a part of Kitely from the beginning and were involved long before I threw my hat in. I miss some of the Mentors I haven't seen for awhile, but am energized by the new blood and new ideas that always seem to surface. It's always good to see a staple like Stio though.

My biggest frustration with Kitely has been that more people don't get what a fantastic place (and great deal) it is. Hopefully the market will take care of that.

That is the third, longest and last "Introduce yourself" on a Kitely forum that I've done.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerAdagio GreenwoodConstance PeregrineOhn LangDanko Whitfield
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Hey Everyone! :D

I have been in SL since 2007 and for the last 2 years ran a fairly successful Medieval/Fantasy themed roleplay region called Darkwatch Keep, but sadly the cost of expanding and maintaining what we already had became unbearable and we shut up shop just before Christmas. Since then I had been exploring and found Kitely seemed to be the best choice for a number of reasons, not least the low cost of land and the seemingly very dedicated customer support (which I subsequently found out is just as superb as it seemed ;) ). Besides RP, I have "solid" skills with Building and Terraforming and dabble in Mesh and Scripts too.

As a roleplay creator, the biggest problem faced when arriving on other grids is most certainly content. Land is cheap, but filling that land with good looking stuff and compelling experiences can be problematic. I therefore have made it my "quest" to create a roleplay area which meets and even surpasses the quality of what is found currently in SL. No small order, but I am convinced with the right approach, the money I am saving on tier, and a few smokey-backroom agreements, I shall overcome the great wall of SL :geek: *breaks out the marching-band music*.

For others with similar aspirations: I will be relaying my experiences via a blog soon, so that others have a roadmap for negotiating the confusing and *very* convoluted minefield of content rights in the open metaverse. Kitely is really a paradigm changer but needs people to poke and prod content creators and show them whats going on and how they can get a slice of the metaverse pie. Out of a dozen content creators I have spoken to so far about using their suff on Kitely, two have said no.......TWO (and not two of the the best ones either :roll: ), and all have expressed an interest in entering the new marketplace. I firmly believe the best way to grow and expand both awareness of and content on the Kitely service is to approach SL creators and say "Hey, can I get this on Kitely?! You know they are staring a metaverse marketplace, right?" ;) Creators will come if there is a demand, and more importantly they are aware of the demand and the tools are available for them to fill it.

I hope others will join me for the ride and together we can show the Metaverse just what is possible (and hopefully scare the pants off of LL :twisted: )!

In fact, I have already made a start here: http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=137 :ugeek:

Ozwell
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 5):
Adagio GreenwoodIlan TochnerMarstol NitelyBladyblue BommerangDanko Whitfield
Constance Peregrine

"but sadly the cost of expanding and maintaining what we already had became unbearable and we shut up shop just before Christmas"

And also, sadly, the loss of your time and efforts in a closed grid where you cannot be free to save that in OARs [and evnetually IARs, here]

"As a roleplay creator, the biggest problem faced when arriving on other grids is most certainly content. Land is cheap, but filling that land with good looking stuff and compelling experiences can be problematic. I therefore have made it my "quest" to create a roleplay area which meets and even surpasses the quality of what is found currently in SL."

There are ways of overcoming this. And also know that concerning quality of sl items many old sl folx are out in the metaverse, some for some time, and some in both places. Quality content is everywhere-))

"Kitely is really a paradigm changer but needs people to poke and prod content creators and show them whats going on and how they can get a slice of the metaverse pie."

In fact, you are very right there. Kitely is doing something unique and new which may, in fact, bring in a new paradigm for the metaverse...time will tell.

Welcome to Kitely-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Welcome, Ozwell! I, for one, am anxiously looking forward to seeing what you will market to the Kitely folks. :D And looking forward to your blog; that should be most interesting! (She hopes for an RSS feed too.............)

Adagio
Mykyl Nordwind

Post by Mykyl Nordwind »

Hello All! I started in Second Life seven years ago on a dial-up connection and have been a landowner/creator/host there for a long time, and have watched with joy the evolution of opensim based grids and the promise they hold for education and entertainment. SL became far too expensive (I had almost an entire mainland sim for a couple of years) and then I moved away from the corporate world to live in a cabin on a mountain in south western New York State (USA). I no longer have a steady income or unlimited internet connection - or even unlimited electricity - and the combination of Kitely and Sim-On-On-A-Stick have finally allowed me to concentrate on creating rather than managing and paying.

My world here on Kitely is very new and unfinished, but it will evolve and will show others on some of its upper levels how to free themselves from the power grids and the need for a steady income. Faeria is a carbon neutral world - I have set aside five acres of my forest to act as a carbon sink for my activities here and the other resources I consume from the rest of the world at large. My power is generated with solar cells and stored in batteries, and my internet connection is via a 4G modem (which is not ideal for exploring virtual worlds - but it is way better than the telephone modem I started with in SL :) so I am not often online or in-world here much, and the summers are filled with gardening and cutting firewood, but Sim-On-A-Stick lets me create offline and then upload the world to Kitely. Thank you Kitely for making expression affordable to people like myself! :)
These users thanked the author Mykyl Nordwind for the post (total 7):
Dot MacchiIlan TochnerConstance PeregrineOzwell WayfarerAdagio GreenwoodMarstol NitelyDanko Whitfield