Upcoming plan changes and a limited time offer (ends Dec 31)

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ken Coach

Re: Upcoming plan changes and a limited time offer (ends Dec

Post by Ken Coach »

Hello:

Thank you for the rapid response! I think I'm understanding better and most of the confusion is just me. I can also see where I will probably be needing more than one region at some point.

However, I have a new problem.. Firestorm will not log me into Kitely. I went through this before when we had the Kitely plug-in and ended up doing a fresh reinstall of the firestorm software in order to get the one with the open Sim support. I have the correct firestorm software as I have checked twice now it does have open Sim support, Kitely is identified as an open Sim world on the open Sim grid; I am entering the correct username and login information but firestorm is giving me the same error message gave me before which is to check my username, check my password, etc. Now, if I got the right software from firestorm with open Sim support why will it not log me in the Kitely I'm wondering any ideas? :?
Regards,
Ken
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The password you use with the viewer is different from the password you use to log in to the website.

If you go to the Settings tab http://www.kitely.com/settings and click the link under "Virtual World Viewer" to show viewer login details, you can copy the password from the pop-up box and paste it into the Firestorm Password box.

You can also change the viewer login password at this point if you want to.

Hope this helps :)
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Thanks, Ilan, as always, for the speedy reply. Glad I still have a couple of weeks to ponder this. :D

Adagio
Ken Coach

Post by Ken Coach »

Hello Dot: Thanks for the help. Firestorm still does not log me in to Kitely. I am following all the instructions but can't get in. The last time this happened as I mentioned I had to do a clean reinstall of the Firestorm software in order to get the current Firestorm version with Sim support and that is the version I have now; but, I may have to delete and reinstall again. Kind of irritating :| .
Thanks again for trying to help.
Regards,
Ken
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ken,

Please make sure you're trying to log into the Kitely grid using the correct grid information. Please see: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... ual+Worlds
Ken Coach

Post by Ken Coach »

Hello Ilan: Yes, went to that link, followed and have been taking the advice there. Using correct username, password entire nine yards, still Firestorm will NOT log me in to Kitely. My firestorms viewer has open sim support very clearly stated...at a loss as to what to do. I am not going to change viewers and do a clean reinstall every time I try to log into a virtual world that is for sure. I'll keep trying.
Regards,
Ken :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ken,

Just to be extra prudent, please go to your Settings tab and use the "Show viewer login details" link to view the password then change it to something you can easily type in without errors and finally try logging into Kitely via the viewer using that new password. When you copy/paste the password from the dialog it may copy a space character before or after the actual password, thus resulting in the wrong password when you paste it into viewer.
Tully McLeod

Post by Tully McLeod »

I had to add @ kitely after my username when logging in with Firestorm. It seemed odd t ohave to specify that since I selected it in the grid list. So my login name was "Tull McLeod @ kitely"

Note that there is a space before and after the @