Forums

Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Postby Dot Matrix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Welcome, Alex!

You'll love the space for building here, plus the stability, plus the magic prim numbers...
Dot Matrix

Has liked: 996 times
Been liked: 1945 times

Postby Alex Skye » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks Dot! :) I already do!

The thing I'm enjoying most so far is the freedom a slacker prim count regime brings. The SL customer base is so prim count sensitive (and quite rightly so) that it's really a big factor in designing products. With the SL based products I've uploaded to Kitely so far I've been able to make small improvements - subtle stuff like better LOD behaviour or improved physics accuracy - but important things that really ramp up the prim calculation in SL (very often it seems to me without good logic). So while I'm not going crazy - fast running assets are very important to me - it's great not to have to play the "workaround" game with the prim calculation to the same degree!

And the building space... oooh :)
Alex Skye

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times

Hello all :)

Postby Trouble Ahead » Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm

My name in Kitely is " Trouble Ahead" and this name I brought in from my other avatars from SL and InWorldz . Not planning to bring trouble, but exploring the possibilities of Kitely and this wonderful 16 sims world options with no sim borders at all. ( SL name Mini Larsen , IW name Trouble Mooncurser)
In both SL and IW i have been active in building classical ships from the Golden Age of sail ( MTM Shipyard in SL ) and together with Hayaz Avril , scripter, we have been building and scripting ships for sailing battles. Besides that I have interest for historical buildings , especially in Dutch buildings from the Golden Age. ( not a " professional" builder though) .
My plan in Kitely is simply freaking out in landscaping. My worlds name is " Tessin" after a district in Switzerland. In this area u find all kinds of landscapes, from mediterranean coast landscapes to mountainous ones, caves, cliffs, villages, etc etc. I wish to make a nice natural sims group, hopefully interesting to explore for visitors.
There will be enough sea left to sail too, so who knows , we might import some ships, rewrite the scrips and provide visitors the option to sail ( and who knows , we do some sea battles as well. This sounds very ambitious ! First I need lots of time in digging holes and planting trees!

So a friendly hello to the Kitely community, and if u type " Tessin" in search, you can have a look at me digging holes :)

Welcome all.
Trouble Ahead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Introduce Yourself...Part Deux

Postby Robert A » Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm

First, Hello Trouble. :) Welcome to Kitely. I think you will find that this will be a great alternative to other grids and even SL. I have.

Now, I am reintroducing myself to you all. I was here under the name Baz Nadoda a few years back. I kind of dropped out of the virtual landscape awhile ago. I started running my own region on my PC, found I could not connect my other PCs to it, read a few articles and thought to myself "Self, why go through all this mess when I can just get land on Kitely again and let Illan and Oren deal with all that back end stuff. I can do it, but the alternative of being on Kitely has already been a huge plus to me firing up my own set up. So in short.. totally worth it to me. :)

I am rambling, huh? I do that in type form like this, but am quiet and reserved in person. How about a little about me:

Robert A is really my name. I am not going the route of a user name this time. I spent years on SL under a couple names. Erik Underhill which was created during beta days and is something like 16 years old. He doesn't look a day over 30 though. I wish I stood up to the sands of time like he did. I also used the name Macphisto Angelus. I had my share of forum wars, inworld fun and even pioneered early opensim grids and builds. I still have Erik and Mac. If you know me as either.. feel free to call me that still. I just wanted my real name going forward.

So, other than that.. I am a middle aged father of 4 with 3 grandkids and another on the way on disability. I am a huge geek. I love working on PCs, constantly upgrading and adding pretty LEDs to mine much to my wife's dismay. :D I love Star Wars, Doctor Who and much more sci-fi but also lots of comedy, cop dramas, etc. I get Geek Fuel and sometimes Loot Crate boxes, so have a small collection of nerdy goodness from them. I told you I was a geek.

On Kitely, I have bought and secured the rights to use some templates that I will be modifying and posting on the marketplace. I am not what you would call a creator. I am pretty slow. I am learning both Panitshop Pro (just got the newest) and also have a monthly subscription for Photoshop armed with those and Filter Forge and the templates, I am hoping to contribute here. I am no artist. But, I am learning. :ugeek:

So, in short (like this was short) This is my fresh start. Past friends.. please feel free to contact me. Future friends.. I look forward to meeting you. And I am happy to be on Kitely.
Robert A

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Dot Matrix » Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Welcome, Trouble Ahead!

And welcome back, Robert!

:D
Dot Matrix

Has liked: 996 times
Been liked: 1945 times

Postby LouisAlexandre deLaunay » Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 am

welcome Trouble ...I've seen your ships .... hope you more to us !
LouisAlexandre deLaunay

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 6 times

Previous

Return to General Discussion