Hypergrid TP: lose Landmarks?

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Carl Fink
Has thanked: 0

Hypergrid TP: lose Landmarks?

Post by Carl Fink »

So, I need some items that aren't in the Kitely Market (as I mentioned in a post over in the Clothing forum). I looked up a bunch of stores and TPed over to their homes on other grids.

As mentioned in the other topic, I found nothing useful. I then teleported back home.

My landmarks are all gone. What the hey?

I have my world backed up but I didn't even think of having to back up my avatar. Surely that information shouldn't disappear because I visited some other hosts? I haven't looked at the technical part of OpenSim yet, but the inventory has to be on the Kitely server, because it's there whether I log in with Firestorm or Alchemy. Can the kind folks in Israel help me out? In an ideal world, I would also like to not lose the one new world I added to my locations, but I'll take any assistance I can get. Also, can I back up my avatar?

Thanks.

Waitwaitwait--OK, I logged into Kitely again to write down the SLURL of the new location in case the Kitely folks had to replace my avatar ... and the landmarks are back. I had already logged out and back in once before this. This is seriously strange. I don't need any immediate help, then, except maybe advice on backing up the avi.

So, modified thanks in advance. :D
These users thanked the author Carl Fink for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Hypergrid TP: lose Landmarks?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carl,

When you travel the Hypergrid all the items you add to your inventory (including Landmarks) are added inside your My Suitcase folder (sometimes inside sub directories). Due to how the Hypergrid protocol is designed some of those items may not show up in your inventory until the viewer has been restarted and you visit your home grid. If that doesn't help then you should try clearing your viewer inventory cache, then restarting the viewer and logging back into your home grid again.

Your inventory isn't lost when you travel the Hypergrid, the only parts that other grids can change are (by design) the contents of your My Suitcase folder.

If you own a Kitely world then you can backup your inventory by rezzing the inventory items that you want to back up into boxes in that world and exporting it to an OAR file. Please note that I'd advise against keeping the boxes rezzed in your main world as having boxes full of items rezzed in your world can really slow down your world startup speed.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Carl Fink
Has thanked: 0

Post by Carl Fink »

Thanks, that's extremely helpful.
These users thanked the author Carl Fink for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi, maybe this can (after all the help of ilan), add some more help (maybe), each time i hyperhop, i just log out -
log back in in kitely & all is safe n sound :)

if i bought someth or brought a freebie with me,its in suitcase, and from suitcase,u c an start to put it in y folders in inventory :)
since i restart each time my life got better lol O.o
wanted toshare that
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Dot Matrix
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey