Forums

A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market

A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Postby Robert A » Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else. I saw this today reviewing Kitely Market rules, procedures:

Don't sell other people's "freebie" content in the Kitely Market. Products which are provided by their creators for free outside the Kitely Market are not allowed to be sold in the Kitely Market even if those products are licensed in a way which permits people to sell them.

Are Eloh Elliot released PSD files considered no sell items since they were released free? I don't mean sold as is or as templates, but as skins derived from them or parts of them. So, say Eloh's body with enhancements and maybe my own face made from scratch or her's with modifications.

Sorry if that is confusing.. I am on some meds that make me foggy sometimes. lol.
Robert A

Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Postby Ilan Tochner » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 am

Hi Robert,

For those who don't know, you're referring to this: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/doc/pages/524351/Respecting+Intellectual+Property

Please note that it states that "You are allowed to sell "freebie" content which is licensed for use in Kitely if it is designed to be used as a building component and your augmentation adds clear value to it - the product you sell can't be just a minor tweak of other people's "freebie" content."

In other words, you can use a properly licensed freebie skin as a basis of something you sell in Kitely Market if what you sell is sufficiently different from the freebie you derived it from.
Ilan Tochner

Has liked: 2080 times
Been liked: 2318 times

Re: A question concerning Kitely Market rules RE: Freebies

Postby Robert A » Fri May 25, 2018 1:46 am

Hi ILan.
Thank you, that clears it up for me. I was a little confused on the matter. :)
Robert A

Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 46 times

Return to Kitely Market