Forums

My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I make

General discussions related to content creation

My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I make

Postby SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm

I have been racking my brain as to why I can tp out of kitely but my sister can't when she wears the clothing I am making. The mesh clothing is the problem. I have changed permissions but nothing helps. What is the problem? I have never encountered this before on any grid. The error message is always the same for the mesh clothing. Is this going to affect all the clothing I am selling in marketplace?

SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez
SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I

Postby Ilan Tochner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi SpoiledDivaCarissa,

Kitely Market export controls are handled differently than those of items that were not acquired from Kitely Market.

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-news/2013/06/12/export-permission-implemented/

Also please note that if you want permission changes you make to stick, you should only change permissions of rezzed objects, not objects in your inventory (you can retake the objects into your inventory after you modify their permissions). This is because of something called a slam bit. See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions
Ilan Tochner

Has liked: 2074 times
Been liked: 2315 times

Re: My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I

Postby Brayla Sana » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

If the clothes are mesh items, make sure the items you are giving your sister are rezzed inworld before your permissions are set. There is a bug in the viewer that changing permissions in the inventory does not "stick".

Also, make sure the clothes are in the Suitcase folder. While this is not ALWAYS necessary, versions of Opensim may vary between grids. Also, when hypergridding, you can only access the Suitcase and not your entire inventory.
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Brayla Sana

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 57 times

Return to General Content Creation