InWorldz is shutting down!!

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Contessa Lacombe

Re: InWorldz is shutting down!!

Post by Contessa Lacombe »

Thank you for your posts. I've been in SL and then IW for years now, with a beautiful home and community. I'm just devastated. And, Koshari, you are correct.....it's the short notice that was the worst part of it. I saved as much as I could, but it was not nearly enough. The transition is going to be rough...I can't even figure out how to buy things on the market! lol. But I will. Hey...we've been homeless before! We will find a new home and start rebuilding. This will just become part of the story of our community...
These users thanked the author Contessa Lacombe for the post (total 6):
Selby EvansRobert StanleyDot MatrixChris NamasteMichael TimelessTanya Matahari
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Contessa Lacombe wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:47 pm
Thank you for your posts. I've been in SL and then IW for years now, with a beautiful home and community. I'm just devastated. And, Koshari, you are correct.....it's the short notice that was the worst part of it. I saved as much as I could, but it was not nearly enough. The transition is going to be rough...I can't even figure out how to buy things on the market! lol. But I will. Hey...we've been homeless before! We will find a new home and start rebuilding. This will just become part of the story of our community...
Got you covered, friend. :)
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -business/

It's an old article and improvements have been made, but that is a quick run down on how it works.

P.S.
It was nice meeting you and your crew yesterday. :)
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Contessa Lacombe wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:47 pm
Hey...we've been homeless before! We will find a new home and start rebuilding. This will just become part of the story of our community...
Hello Contessa -- welcome!

Your comment rings very true. The Devokan storybuilders experienced several pretty painful cycles of this (Myst Online: Uru Live; There.com; SL). Looking back, though, they resulted some of the most creative and fruitful experiences in environment and story building I have known.

Good luck as you settle in your new home!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleySelby EvansMichael Timeless
Daniel Hoffman

Post by Daniel Hoffman »

I don't have much to offer except sympathies--I've been a virtual refugee myself. The worlds of Transgenia and Castle on the Hill in Kitely have most items for the taking if you journey there (I think you can export them--if you cannot, drop me a note in world and I can fix it), so that could be of a bit of help with greenery and some oddities for your new homes.

Daniel H.
These users thanked the author Daniel Hoffman for the post (total 5):
Robert StanleyIlan TochnerSelby EvansChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hypergrid Business is currently holding a survey to try to determine which grids InWorldz refugees are moving to. If you've recently moved from InWorldz to Kitely then we ask that you please complete this survey. This will help attract more people to the grid, and past surveys have shown that high rankings help attract more merchants to Kitely Market, which will increase your ability to find what you want in our marketplace.

The survey: https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2018/ ... lks-going/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessKoshari MahanaGenavieve Page
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

New Group for IW Expats...
The group is called "Inworldz Expats"
The Group is set so that Anyone can Send Messages and Notices.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4663

ex·pa·tri·ate
A person who has citizenship in at least one country, but who is living in another country. Most expatriates only stay in the foreign country for a certain period of time, and plan to return to their home country eventually.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleyMichael Timeless
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Shandon Loring wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:57 pm
New Group for IW Expats...
The group is called "Inworldz Expats"
The Group is set so that Anyone can Send Messages and Notices.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4663

ex·pa·tri·ate
A person who has citizenship in at least one country, but who is living in another country. Most expatriates only stay in the foreign country for a certain period of time, and plan to return to their home country eventually.
I shared the post on my google + account. I hope they find it and in turn use that group to find each other.
https://plus.google.com/+MacphistoAngel ... fw2n3diRgk
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessIlan TochnerShandon Loring
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

One other suggestion is reaching out to the vendors. Many like Lilith Heart have not only embraced Kitely market but see it as a growth opportunity with both good protections and a multitude of worlds eager for their products. We have quite a few both old and new vendors here. Reach out and thank them for having faith in the Kitely Market. Who knows what a truly open, international market could achieve.
I like to joke that I live in the suburbs in my well backed up home and use Kitely Market like Amazon as I travel to other grids, enjoying the best of all worlds.
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleyGenavieve Page