Popups and a Hypergrid link

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Snoots Dwagon
Has thanked: 0

Popups and a Hypergrid link

Post by Snoots Dwagon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:49 pm

As a new Kitely user (well, I logged in some time ago, but...) two things I think would be great:

1) Simplify the login screen. I get popup after popup that really confuses the page (maybe links instead of popup windows?)

2) A very visible hypergrid link on the webpage home so those wishing to come to Kitely from elsewhere can easily figure out how to do so.

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteSelby EvansMacphisto Angelus
Ilan Tochner

Re: Popups and a Hypergrid link

Post by Ilan Tochner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Thank you for your feedback Snoots,

Are you referring to the viewer grid login page? What popups are you referring to? (what do you click/press to see them?)

Every Kitely world has a big Enter World button you can press to Login/TP into that world with a Kitely avatar. Hypergrid-enabled Kitely Worlds also have those worlds' Hypergrid address displayed on their world pages (so non-Kitely users will be able to TP to these worlds from inside the viewer).

Are you suggesting we add the Kitely Welcome Center's Hypergrid address to the Kitely homepage?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 pm

=)
what, for me (& others) misses is for exemple the http://grid.kitely.com:8002 nr on page 'also on website', so pple can tp easier & find kitely easier :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 2):
Macphisto AngelusMichael Timeless
Chris Namaste (inworld i use notes & voice - i rarely chat nor im)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Macphisto Angelus

Post by Macphisto Angelus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Chris Namaste wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 pm
=)
what, for me (& others) misses is for exemple the http://grid.kitely.com:8002 nr on page 'also on website', so pple can tp easier & find kitely easier :)
When I was on another grid, it took me a long time to find the hypergrid address. I had to google and found it on an old Kitely blog post, but I fear others may not take that time and just not visit.

If me as a Kitely regular has a hard time HGing from another avie on another account, I would think brand new HGers would have double the hard time or more. So I agree with Snoots and Chris. It would be a huge help.
These users thanked the author Macphisto Angelus for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessChris Namaste