Page 1 of 1

NPC Non Player Character experiments - sharing a bit of prog

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:37 am
by Allen Partridge
Wanted to share a video of my progress thus far with NPC's. I've been running into some issues with prims (attachments) not actually completing their build details. It appears that the x/y taper on cylinders is specifically a problem in the clones.

Not sure if that has anything to do with limitations on numbers of NPC's spawned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFU2Q79yGeY

Also noticing some intermittent problems while building today. For some reason I'm losing parts of some compound objects when i detach those items. Also seeing some odd behavior from linked prim sets - a shaded white box appears but no control handle / manipulator - no scale tool - no rotate tool. Also seeing an odd behavior where wearing a linked prim group makes my avatar vanish - so i'm just a floating complex of attachments.

Re: NPC Non Player Character experiments - sharing a bit of

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:05 am
by Katherine Pryde
Allen Partridge wrote:Wanted to share a video of my progress thus far with NPC's. I've been running into some issues with prims (attachments) not actually completing their build details. It appears that the x/y taper on cylinders is specifically a problem in the clones.

Not sure if that has anything to do with limitations on numbers of NPC's spawned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFU2Q79yGeY

Also noticing some intermittent problems while building today. For some reason I'm losing parts of some compound objects when i detach those items. Also seeing some odd behavior from linked prim sets - a shaded white box appears but no control handle / manipulator - no scale tool - no rotate tool. Also seeing an odd behavior where wearing a linked prim group makes my avatar vanish - so i'm just a floating complex of attachments.

Thanks :D very interesting I had no idea