Prim-drawing textures causing errors

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
John Mela

Prim-drawing textures causing errors

Post by John Mela »

Hi.

I'm currently going through the process of adding a RezMela product to Kitely Market, and I'm getting errors because many of the textures - not just of the main object but of objects in contents, sometimes multiple layers deep - are ones which are used for prim-drawing. For example, we have signposts that display text and graphics, contained within other objects that form part of the main product. These are rejected because the texture doesn't exist as an asset.

This isn't actually a problem functionally, because scripts will create new prim-drawing textures when each element is first rezzed (and continue to do so whenever anything changes). However, it does mean that in order to remove the errors, I'll have to disassemble the whole thing and manually blank the faces used for prim-drawing wherever they occur, before taking each object back into inventory and reassembling everything. This is going to be an exercise we have to do again and again, and will be a very time-consuming and fiddly task each time.

Is there anything we can do to get round this?
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Prim-drawing textures causing errors

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi John,

Kitely Market is reporting errors because the assets really don't exist in the product. In other words, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

My suggestion is to take this error checking behavior in consideration when building your items, starting from the innermost components. Alternatively, create a script that clones the object while removing the problematic UUIDs that are listed in a notecard (replace them with all zeros UUID), which you can initialize from the ones shown in the Kitely Market product listing.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
John MelaSelby EvansChris Namaste
John Mela

Re: Prim-drawing textures causing errors

Post by John Mela »

Thanks Ilan. I'll look into some possible methods of avoiding this issue via software changes.
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansChris Namaste