We are proud to announce that we’ve passed a new milestone: with significant growth over the past year, Kitely Market has sold over $100,000 worth of virtual goods to date.
Kitely Market first opened to the public on August 2013. Over the past few years, Kitely Market has become the main marketplace serving the OpenSim metaverse (the Hypergrid).
Here are a few noteworthy stats:
- When Kitely Market first opened it had under 1,000 product variations listed. It now offers more than 17,000 product variations.
- Kitely Market’s sales revenue last month was over 16 times higher than its sales revenue on its first month in business.
- When Kitely Market opened, Kitely was still a closed grid and only Kitely users could buy from it. In March 2014 Kitely Market started delivering to the Hypergrid, and has since delivered to avatars on more than 170 different OpenSim grids.
- Our top merchant has sold more than $10,000 worth of virtual goods.
- Our top 10 merchants have each sold at least $1,300 worth of virtual goods.
- More than 100 Kitely Market merchants have each sold at least $100 worth of virtual goods.
One of our main goals for Kitely Market was to enable content creators to easily make money selling their creations to users from multiple OpenSim grids, without having to manually deliver their goods to all of those grids. Kitely Market’s growth over the past few years demonstrates that talented content creators can see a nice return from selling to an open metaverse, even when it still includes only a few tens of thousands of active users, which are spread between hundreds of different grids.
Thank you for using Kitely Market! Your help in spreading the word about our marketplace is what enabled it to grow and provide you with more content buying options. With your continued support, we believe that this year we’ll be able to serve even more buyers and content creators.