We are proud to announce that we’ve passed a new milestone: Kitely Market has sold over $250,000 worth of virtual goods to date.
Kitely Market first opened to the public on August 2013. Since then, Kitely Market has become the main marketplace serving the OpenSim metaverse (the Hypergrid).
Here are a few noteworthy stats:
- When Kitely Market first opened it had less than 1,000 product variations listed. Now it offers close to 34,000 product variations.
- Kitely Market’s sales revenue over the last year was over 3.6 times higher than its sales revenue in its first year.
- When Kitely Market opened, Kitely was still a closed grid and only Kitely users could buy from it. In March 2014 Kitely Market started delivering to the Hypergrid, and has since delivered to avatars on more than 420 different OpenSim grids.
- Buyers have viewed more than 1 million product pages to date, and 8.7% of product page views have resulted in a sale.
- Our top merchant has sold more than $20,000 worth of virtual goods.
- Our top 10 merchants have each sold at least $4,000 worth of virtual goods.
- Our top 100 merchants have each sold at least $300 worth of virtual goods.
If you aren’t familiar with Kitely Market then this video will bring you up to speed:
One of our main goals for Kitely Market was to enable content creators to easily make money selling their creations to users from multiple OpenSim grids, without having to manually deliver their goods to all of those grids. Kitely Market’s growth over the last few years demonstrates that talented content creators can see a nice return from selling to an open metaverse, even when it still includes less than 100,000 active users spread over thousands of different OpenSim grids.
Thank you for using Kitely Market! Your help in spreading the word about our marketplace is what enabled it to grow, and provide you with more content buying options. With your continued support, we can attract even more professional content creators to sell their goods to the OpenSim community.